Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,112   Online: 1074

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

My first Hasselblad Successes!

Hey dudes

Just wanted to post a couple of my first "Hasselblad Successes" - a few shots I took in London two weeks ago using Fuji Acros 100 and my Hasselblad 501CM that I am quite produ of. I rather like them. The starburst on the first photo from the bridge light was a fluke, I have to say. No filters used with this either.

Shots were between 1 - 4 seconds and these two were the best of the batch of 12 (a number I'm still getting used to have shot 36 exp on 35mm for years!!)

Ted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 37570001.JPG   37570007.JPG  
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wonderful shots. I never get tired of looking at Tower Bridge, my wife and I lived close by for a couple of years and its amazing how many times a day it opens !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They look amazing! Blad is a wonderful piece of equipment. As for the number I love 12 now...
    Could you please tell me the developer that you used for the Acros? Is it a film or a print scan?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys! I was staying at "The Tower Hotel" so tok the opportunity. The photos were taken from the south side of the river.

It's a scan of the film conducted by the lab. They do a "standard" scan service for £4 a film, or a "high-res and corrected" scan for about £15 a film. This is a standard scan - the prints themselves look better still, as you can probably imagine! I don't know about the developer - I am afraid to say I don't develop my own medium format. I send them off to "The Darkroom UK" in Chelmsford, UK. You could always ask them direct - I'm sure they'd tell you. They seem to do a good job with my Fuji films.
    Ted Smith Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Very nice! I noticed something very interesting in the first pic. By the leftmost tower, between the bridge and and the darkish building, there's an arc of light. Do you know what that might be?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well spotted!! No, I have no idea what that is. Do you know?
    Ted Smith Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great shots, but I'm not that sure that your lab is doing a great job!
    Perhaps it's just due to the scanning, but the first picture has something of the "vertical-run-120-film-developing-desease" i.e. tendency of overdeveloping right and left edges of the film due to inadequate agitation. Perhaps there is some light coming in both from left and right, hard to tell, it just looks like a common fault (not that uncommon that photographers working with vertical run middle format cameras show landscape pictures were it seems as if the sun shines both from left and right - had several myself, therefore quite sensible for this tendency!)
    But, also, perhaps due to the scan, there seems to be some unevenness in the sky, some tight vertical streaks.
    Take a closer look at your negs - but hopfully just a scanner/upload effect!
    Welcome to the Hasselblad family!
    /Bertil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BTW the "arc of light" on the first picture looks to me as a drying mark on the film – hope I'm wrong and that is really something interesting you got on your film!
    /Bertil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    'Good eye,' to those that noticed the arc. Closer examination, it's actually a perfect circle.
    Also, lots of 'debris' on that first scan, too. Lint, fuzz, dust, and maybe even a short n' curly.<grin>

Ted,
    BTW, still nice pics!

Did you have a star effect filter on the first pic, but not on the second pic?

Marc
    Last edited by Marc B.; 05-11-2012 at 01:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bertil, can you tell me how you solved the "vertical run 120 overdevelopment disease." I have it in my Hass!
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin