Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,772   Online: 826

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have always heard that anything under 5 minutes MIGHT give you unevenly. However, I have never experienced that. I don't routinely use shorter times than the 6 minutes. I use ice to cool the working solution of HC110 before I use it if I have to because the water coming out of the tap most of the year here in N Texas is above 68 degrees f. I, also, don't find the times for development to be different between old and new Tri-x. YMMV.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidoidRamone
    Out of curiosity, does anyone use HC-110 at anything besides dil.B? It's probably my inexperience showing here, but I honestly don't think I've ever heard of anyone using HC-110 at anothe dilution. -Grant

The un-offical HC 110 resource page at: http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/

at least implies that HC-110 is used at other dilutions. He also comments on many other issues related to HC-110.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    HC110 and Tri-X and now the new 320TPX has been my standby for over 25-years. Never had a problem. I use very dilute developer with infrequent agitation in a CombiPlan T tank that hold 6-sheets of 4x5. Normal development is 17 1/2 min. @ 68 deg. F with short agitations every minute. Dilution is 7.3 ml HC110 CONCENTRATE made up to 1-liter (I use a syringe to measure the HC110 concentrate). While you can double up and develop 12-sheets, the developer concentration is insuffient to do so.

Images
    Good Afternoon, Curtis,

I don't know about short times for TPX, but I've processed many sheets of Commercial Copy film in HC-110B; the standard time is about two minutes, fifteen seconds. Never a problem with uneveness. I use a Chromega drum on a motor base.

Konical

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Never had a problem with old Tri-X or 320TPX and HC110;used since 1980. Use a Combi T tank the handles 6 4 x 5 negs. Develop 17 1/2 minutes agitation 15 second evrery minute with dilute HC110 (7.4 ml per liter using a hypodermic needle system) @ 68 degrees F. Used to use tray but got tired of occaisonal scratches to went to tank. Note: Combi T tank can handle 12 negs back to back but dilution I uses is insufficient to this many.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidoidRamone
    Out of curiosity, does anyone use HC-110 at anything besides dil.B? It's probably my inexperience showing here, but I honestly don't think I've ever heard of anyone using HC-110 at anothe dilution. -Grant
    4x5 Tri-X EI 160 HC-110 1:10.5 for 6 1/4 minutes at 20C (68F).
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use it.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,
    I think the dilution 'H' is 1:15 from the stock solution. The dev time is usually twice the time used for dilution "B". I use it with the Tri-x 320 with good results.

Rocky
    "All my best thoughts I keep to myself"

Images
    Good Afternoon,

According to information on the Covington Innovations site (I think that's where I got it anyway), the H dilution is 1:63. It's the A dilution that's 1:15. Using the H dilution for around twice the B dilution time would seem to be approximately correct.

Konical

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    4x5 Tri-X EI 160 HC-110 1:10.5 for 6 1/4 minutes at 20C (68F).
    That's from a stock solution of 1:7, right?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin