Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,475   Online: 780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So many developers, and so little time to use all of them :}...even with your criteria, as many answers as there are members of APUG...my vote is for DDX at 1:9....others named work just as well. Simply test your film using whatever developer you choose and your results will be fine.

Let us know what you decide to use, and best of luck.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Isn't the story that an open bottle of Rodinal will last about a thousand years, but an unopened bottle should last until the sun explodes. No one who's mortal has ever confirmed this.

Grain that cuts like a knife.

If it's your style, then welcome to the Church of Rodinal. Don't hear that too much any more, but there used to be Rodinal wars.

(Sounds like a great Sci-Fi novel.)
    Developed a roll of FP4 in Rodinal at the weekend for the first time in ages. I'd forgotten what punchy negatives it produces. For other options, don't overlook Fotospeed FD10, which is very forgiving and capable of fine results. It's cheap and the concentrate lasts for months, even it part-used bottles. Development times given seem a bit ambitious, though, and at 1 + 9 and 20 degs C I find a good ten mins are needed.

Best wishes,

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi again
    You say Ilford devs are cheap here!!
    At AG Photographic, they are 3x more expensive!
    Anyway, I have just decided. HC-110 is for me!!
    It lasts ages and is Great Value!!
    Thanks for your help
    Ektachrome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin