Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,433   Online: 1104

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got the chems in a Kodak E-6 kit out of order once--very interesting results, but screwed none the less. The magenta blotches really detracted from the scenes.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i was taking the backing paper off my 120 film in my changing bag and ended up pulling the film out the abg and leaving the paper in. i nearly punched a hole in my wall because of my rage!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Developed two rolls of TMax 400 (120) using HC-110 @ dilution "H" and times as indicated in the Mass. Dev. Chart. It was only when I was replacing the little paper tab on the film back that I realized I wasn't shooting TMax, but Tri-x . . .

D'OH.

Shooter
    35mm
    i once accidentally mislabeled a bottle of chemistry and ended up developing some hp5 in fixer and then discarding it as a one-shot, mixing up some new fixer and fixing the film for the second time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh ya, then there was the time I loaded a roll of 36 exp film and it never advanced, thought it was done and pulled it for development. Not a single exposure, all the great one time only shots were not there. Note to self: ALWAYS check to ensure film is loaded properly and advances!!!!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Two boo booscome to mind.

I photgraphed an entire assignment without loading film into my camera.

The other was bulk loading 200 ' upside down. In other words I couldn't place the cartridges in my Canon

Please don't tell anybody.

Howard

Shooter
    35mm
    I use PET plastic to store chemicals. I use PET plastic to keep drinking water in. You fill in the rest. I am still alive. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    I use PET plastic to store chemicals. I use PET plastic to keep drinking water in. You fill in the rest. I am still alive. - David Lyga
    Bet you use labels now, don't ya.....
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've managed to make forgetting to put the filter in the enlarger in to a fine art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm I could go down the list of what's happened in my darkroom this week with the younger kids lol.

forgetting to turn off the focusing switch when loading easels.
    Moving the test strip paper/ not holding the blocking board still.
    forgetting to use the designated pair of tongs for each chemical.
    moving from chemical to chemical way to fast while counting at super speed, some think its smart to count by 2, or 5, or 10s.
    Forgetting to flip the negative.
    Checking to make sure the negative is placed well before closing the carrier and crushing film.
    Taking out a cell phone in the darkroom.

Though not this week, last week somehow a student got a bit of red play dough onto the focusing ring of my nikkor 50mm 1.8 AF lens I bring in to let them use.

Ive learned not to stress about any of this anymore since they are so young. If they mess up we just make another, and use the messed up sheet of paper to paint with or turn it colors in daylight. I think its because of the fact that the city and statewide tests have been over, and they are anticipating summer and dont keep anything else in their minds except that and games lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin