Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,183   Online: 1297

Thread: Old Film Types

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Old Film Types

By any chance, does anyone know which of these Eastman Kodak films, if any, resembles HP5 400 the most?

Super-Sensitive Panchromatic
    Super Speed Portrait
    Portrait Panchromatic Panatomic
    Ortho Press
    Commercial Ortho
    Par Speed Portrait

By resembles, I mean, in terms of similar development temp/time for a certain developer. Or, in other words, for a particular developer, I know the temp/time for each of these films. I want to extrapolate to HP5.

Thanx

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The information you seek may be at this web site:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    None these are all low speed films and don't resemble HP5 in any way.

Dominik

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe my response was too hasty, Rodinal 1+100 1 hour stand agitation for the first minute and that's it for the next 59 minutes. The examplest you've posted are from the 1930's I personaly love the look of SS-panachromatic. Super sensitive pan used to be a motion picture film that could be used for still photography. So you could try Kodak D96 (Homemade) or D76 (original formula). If you are after the look of films from the 1930'S lucky SHD 100 and 400 can give you that look so can Polypan F. To recreate the period look read Roger Hicks and Christopher Nisperos Hollywood Portrait. It's not the film that created those images but lighting and retouching.

Good luck

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanx very much for the info.

Actually, I have about 8lbs of Amidol I'm trying to use. I found some Amidol film formulas and want to try it on HP5 which, I'm heavily invested in. The article gives the time/temp for the above flims. I was just trying to establish a correlation as a basis from which to start my own tests on HP5. Just trying to burn through as little film as possible so, starting point would have been helpful. OH well.

thanx again

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Clip testing would be my advice then. Found this developer online Pyrodol Amidol+Pyro and the inventor uses HP5+
    http://pyrodol.blogspot.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin