Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,964   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Arista 200 EDU Film comments

i had used this t-grain film in the past but then it was discontinued. since I now live in Los Angeles I was in freestyle the other day and picked up a box of the 4x5 film. 50 sheets for $38 and change. loaded up and went out to make some 4x5 exposures.
    I used the EDU200 at asa 125. it works very well at this speed. I already knew to lower the asa from previous use. I developed the film in xtol 1:1 and it made beautiful negatives. I also processed in pyrocat-mc 2:2:100 which I then used to make my first Albumen prints. The film made beautiful prints and I will post some of the results in the next few days. what else can I say except that I'm fortunate enough to take photos mostly in sunny conditions with little or no reciprocity. (what I'm trying to say is the reciprocity is probably not that great!) )overall a film like tmy400 is the cats meow but in the larger sizes along with availability (like 5x7) this film is definately worth trying.
    have a great day everyone!!
    peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Arista is currently Fomapan; it's not a T-grain film. Awesome stuff though, especially in the larger sizes where the grain is pretty irrelevant. Indeed, the reciprocity failure is pretty bad with this film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    iirc it was supposed to be a t-grain and cubic grain mix in the 200 speed.

I like the 400 speed only though. Due to the spectral sensitivity curve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested in the Foma 200. Considering making it my next purchase in 8x10 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I liked the previous version before it disappeared here just a couple years back.
    I rated it at 125 also.

Grain is nice without being too sterile.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    iirc it was supposed to be a t-grain and cubic grain mix in the 200 speed.

I like the 400 speed only though. Due to the spectral sensitivity curve.
    OK; hadn't heard that one (and how do you even make such an emulsion?) The grain is pretty huge (much larger than TMY, Acros or Delta) but I love the tonality of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a wonderful film, and I hope Foma have now fully solved their earlier quality issues, the reason it was withdrawn in the first place.

The technology going into the emulsion used to be stated as a T-grain emulsion, and at one point I even think it was called 200T as a result. Nowadays Foma makes no mention of this.

http://www.foma.cz/upload/foma/prilohy/F_pan_200_en.pdf
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    OK; hadn't heard that one (and how do you even make such an emulsion?) The grain is pretty huge (much larger than TMY, Acros or Delta) but I love the tonality of it.
    This is only what I've heard though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    my bad everyone...yes of course if it was t-grain it would have better reciprocity and probably speed too....anyhoo give it a try so it will be around for more than a nanosecond
    have a great day everyone!
    Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Rather than a combination of cubic and flat grains what they probably meant was that it was a semi-flattened grain (like current versions of "traditional" emulsions like FP4, HP5, Tri-X etc).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin