Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,655   Online: 1254

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The developer is seldom to blame when film comes out blank even when Xtol was used. When such problems occur the first question which must be asked is whether human error is envolved. Only when this has been eliminated should other sources be investigated.

In computer science there is the acronym PEBCAC; "Problem Exists Between Computer And Chair." Think about it -- the same principle exists in photography.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 05-27-2012 at 09:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    127 Format
    I did suffer some dead developer last week (not Rodinal) and it did develop the leader but nothing else. So it can happen.

Whatever goes wrong, it's a sad feeling to lose your pictures.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Was the leader/tongue (the part exposed to light during loading) developed? (should be 'black')
    Yes it was black and I don't blame the developer.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gb hill View Post
    I've had a 2 year unopened bottle of Rodinal I wanted to try today of all days.
    The shelf life of Rodinal exceeds that of sand, or dirt, or nitrogen, or any other physical compound you choose for comparison.

Seriously, Rodinal even in a partially-used bottle lasts for decades.

I've been using it (not the same bottle) for over 50 years and never had a problem.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For certain cameras it is helpful to bend the last 1/4 inch of the leader back on itself to form a hook. This helps to prevent the leader from slipping out of the takeup spool. This trick works well with older cameras.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This film is rather very stiff, also OM-2sp loading experience is not that good when compared to OM-1n.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The answer is to check whether you can see the numbers and words along the edge of the film that show the name of the film and the exposure number: if you have a clear film with no negatives after development but the numbers and text are visible, the film was developed but did not get exposed; if the numbers are missing too there was no development [whether or not the film was exposed in the camera]. Louis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Numbers and names were there after development. Actually it was my mistake that I did not check whether the film has taken up properly in takeup spool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had that happen some time back, rookie boggle. Make sure the leader is wrapped at least one full wrap before closing the door. Then turn the rewind backwards to feel tension on the film, wind one more shot to determinr rewind knob is turning to ensure proper loading and advancing of film.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin