Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,783   Online: 861

epp
    Shooter
    Holga

Efke R100 120 - 2001-1

I just found what was a 10-pack of Efke R100 roll film, size 120, one roll is gone. The develop-before date on the rolls, is January 2001.

This pack was in a basement setting, mostly cool, I would think. Is there even a remote possibility that these rolls would result in pictures after all this time, or would the rolls be essentially junk at this point.

Thank you for any thoughts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It'll probably be ok,as long as it wasn't baked in the summer time,by the way Is that a holga in your avatar?

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Yes, the avatar is a Holga. I currently have four of them, a fifth is on the way - all different models.

The temperature in the basement was controlled, I doubt that during the summer months it went above 70 degrees Fahrenheit down there.

Thanks for the reply.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They'd be perfect in your Holga. Old film can produce some interesting results. I have an old bulk roll of Ektachrome 200 from a member here that expired in the '80's. The results are definitely neat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They'll be fine and not just for plastic lo-fi cameras. They might have lost a bit of speed, so shoot the first roll at 50 instead of 100 and see what you get.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have about six rolls of the same film of similar vintage, maybe I will give them a try...

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    They'll be fine and not just for plastic lo-fi cameras. They might have lost a bit of speed, so shoot the first roll at 50 instead of 100 and see what you get.
    I also found a loose roll of Efke R100 yesterday, it may be that missing roll from the 10-pack, have to check the emulsion number on it.

The recommended films for the Holga are 100 and 400 speed films, for sunny and cloudy days, respectively, for the aperture switch settings on the camera.

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    I checked that loose roll (and found a second), both have the same emulsion, so I have 11 rolls of this now, all with the same develop-before date.

I also found many more rolls of assorted 120's, both B&W and color, which I will post in a new thread.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    I also found a loose roll of Efke R100 yesterday, it may be that missing roll from the 10-pack, have to check the emulsion number on it.

The recommended films for the Holga are 100 and 400 speed films, for sunny and cloudy days, respectively, for the aperture switch settings on the camera.
    Set it on 100 and shoot the same frame twice?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin