Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,050   Online: 951

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i agree. it looks like what i got from short presoaks.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pre-soak, or the lack thereof, would have absolutely nothing to do with the effect the OP is seeing.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    After washing the film in free flowing tapwater, I dunk the spiral in deionised water for about 30 seconds and swirl it around before hanging to dry and I never get any drying marks.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    cliveh, your post "I would never use a squeegee and can't understand why they were ever suggested for photography."

I use a very soft squeegee with a very light touch on film to remove and clumps of grain that can cause an imperfection on the print similar to a dust spot, learned this in an advanced printing workshop years ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Vilk, your issues with water spots with very small dilutions of photo flo may be caused by too little concentration of the photo flo. When I have had similar issues, I have solved it with a more photo flo, not less.
    I find that about 1/8 to 1/4 of a capful of photo flo to 32 ounces of water (city water) usually works well. Not sure what this dilution would amount to, but it is still very light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PhotoFlo 200 is listed as 200, because you dilute it 1:200. Used as such, it works best. So if you have 500ml of water for final rinse, add 2.5ml of PhotoFlo.

And, to those who think it has to do with a presoak - how in the world can a presoak affect how much drying marks you get when the film dries? That makes absolutely no sense at all.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Sattler View Post
    Vilk, your issues with water spots with very small dilutions of photo flo may be caused by too little concentration of the photo flo. When I have had similar issues, I have solved it with a more photo flo, not less.
    I find that about 1/8 to 1/4 of a capful of photo flo to 32 ounces of water (city water) usually works well. Not sure what this dilution would amount to, but it is still very light.
    Thanks, Loren! Alas, over the years I have gone from 1+4000 to 4000+1 and back...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Sattler View Post
    cliveh, your post "I would never use a squeegee and can't understand why they were ever suggested for photography."

I use a very soft squeegee with a very light touch on film to remove and clumps of grain that can cause an imperfection on the print similar to a dust spot, learned this in an advanced printing workshop years ago.
    I have never heard of this, but each to their own. I would still never use a squeegee.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Film squeegees have been around forever. I never used one.

I just run the film between two fingers to get the majority of the water off, then hang it up to dry. No problemo.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
    Alas, over the years I have gone from 1+4000 to 4000+1 and back...
    You should use the dilution stated on the bottle. It's commonly 1:200, but there's a concentrate available for 1:2000 or 1:4000, I don't remember which.

- Leigh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin