Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,859   Online: 770

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Scan of my first print.

Thank you all for the discussion and support. Film: APX 100 + Yellow-Green filter. Developer: Rodinal 1+50 for 15mins. 3 inversions @ every fifth minute. Format: 135

Its a direct scan of print, so the quality is rather low.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7302448020_219f7dde4a_h.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	51805
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's Ok for a first print, well done.

You'll find that images like this are so full of detail it gets lost in scanning & resizing for the screen there's nothing you can do about that.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi baachitraka,

I really like this. Well done!

I agree Ian. Scan often don't do justice to prints that are displayed here and elsewhere. However, I am not sure how scans of analog work can be improved.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right now, I do not own any scanner nor have any plans to own one. Since, I am too afraid that it may spoil the fun in the darkroom.

Further, I saw some youttube videos about collodion wet plates process and what stuns me is the hightlight glow.

Is it possible to have such glow with small format film?
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not really important whether the image was originally analog or even digital it's just screen resolution of small files of images with a lot of very fine detail

APUG is web based so we have to live with it. despite the fact some of us have 500mb+ scans of images

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    I agree Ian. Scan often don't do justice to prints that are displayed here and elsewhere. However, I am not sure how scans of analog work can be improved.

Ed

Really deep shadows and highlights that will make you "blink"? Well....depends how adventuresome you are....consider moving to a larger format, perhaps 8x10, and then using Azo and amidol while contact printing! Now I get ready to duck! Feel free to contact me via PM for more information and encouragement!

:}

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Congrats on print 1! Looks great!
    Andy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The print on the screen looks fine. The image itself is excellent! Congrats!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Right now, I do not own any scanner nor have any plans to own one. Since, I am too afraid that it may spoil the fun in the darkroom.

Further, I saw some youttube videos about collodion wet plates process and what stuns me is the hightlight glow.

Is it possible to have such glow with small format film?
    Perfectly possible. Just keep practicing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin