Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,915   Posts: 1,521,768   Online: 1066

Shooter
    35mm RF

Adox CMS I Film in Adox Adotech CMS II Developer? Spur Modular?

I've got several rolls of Adox CMS I (the first version of the film). However, I don't have any of the Adotech CMS I developer. I checked with Freestyle, DigitalTruth and FotoImpex in Germany (since they seem to be closely related to Adox in terms of distribution). No one knows where I can find the first version of the developer in stock. I've been checking eBay and haven't found anything. Adox and freestyle say that the formulas have changed and that mixing film I with developer II (or film II with developer I) wouldn't work. DigitalTruth said just use the second generation developer with the first generation film.

Has anyone done this?

Has anyone used Spur Modular UR (a developer that Spur claims works with Adox at ISO 10-12, I shot mine at ISO 6)?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try the second version with the film. I don't believe there is actually a "new" version of this film anyway. Also, even if the second version of the developer doesn't work with the film, results will probably be better than using the first version of the developer, which was poor.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks, will do.

Shooter
    35mm
    I posted the exact same question a bit soon - how did you go with this?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Seemed to work OK. Did one roll straight and it came out fine (if anything slightly overexposed, but that could have just been me) and one roll in a reversal process that was also fine, just super contrasty (which I expected as part of the reversal process I'm still fine tuning).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin