Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,474   Online: 778

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have Spotone, Dyene (both made by Retouch Methods --now deceased), and the retouch materials made by Veronica Cass (supposedly retiring). For retouching a dust spot on a negative a red material (coceine (sp?) scarlet or something of that color is usually more effective. Red does not give as hard an edge to the retouched region as black. Especially if one can dilute the red down. Having all of those materials...for dust spots I am usually more inclined to go with a fine point red Sharpie pen.

The advantage of Cociene Scarlet or the Dyene Red is that it can be diluted and applied with a very fine 4/0 brush.

A lot depends on how much the negative is enlarged. For contact printing it doesn't require as much precision as for a greatly enlarged negative.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Doesn't Victoria Cass retouching supplies offer the proper stuff for retouching? I would bet a nickel she does.

lee\c
    Lee is an idiot. It is Veronica Cass not Victoria Cass. Her website is www.VeronicaCass.com

now I feel better...

lee\c
    Last edited by lee; 11-27-2004 at 10:15 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correct a link

Images
    Jim,

I've got an old book on spotting and retouching negatives you can have. I'll include it in the shipment with your print next week.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Jim,

I've got an old book on spotting and retouching negatives you can have. I'll include it in the shipment with your print next week.

Brian
    Thanks Brian. Very much appreciated!

And thanks to everyone else for the suggestions. As always lots of helpful information.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin