Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,809   Online: 1026

Shooter
    Large Format

Old Kodak chemical formuals, free PDF ebook

Found these on the web, so far it's a bottomless pit of knowledge (for me) YMMV. Nice to look back a few dozen years or so. There is not date on the book, but I'm thinking 40's-50's?

Maybe PE knows more

http://archive.org/details/KodakChemicalsAndFormulae

and check out...

http://archive.org/details/KodakReferenceHandbook

And if you have the time to browse 600+ pages of Kodak magazine from the 20's

http://archive.org/details/kodakmagazine01eastuoft

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have these books on my shelf, the first is British and it's date's on the 3rd page Feb 1949. The Reference book is probably 1946, I have 2 copies, last year I was given a complete set of these Reference Manuals all in their original boxes.

If you compare the two you'll see products mentioned in the British publication that were never available in the US, also in the UK D72 (dektol) is listed only as a film & plate developer while it's also a print developer in the US books. In practice Kodak Ltd (UK) sold D163 as their main print developer yet it's not listed in the US publication, theres a few others as well.

Ian

Great stuff....really appreciate the links.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Cheers. Love these old manuals, full of hidden gems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool Stuff! I can't wait to start mixing my own chemistry. Thanks for the links!
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There were at least 2 editions of the US version of the chemical formulas, and the film, lens and filter book was published in 3 booklets here in the US. I have all of them except the lens book. The formula and filter books are very useful to me. There is a 1940s boo that was published by an outside firm that also contains much of this data but covers companies other than EK. For example, this book contains the entire formula set for processing Dufay color film.

I hope that we do not lose this technology as people throw out old things.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin