Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,958   Posts: 1,558,084   Online: 1091

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Agfa Papers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee, I haven't had problems with Agfa papers, IMHO they are one of the longer lasting papers.
    They just change the look of the boxes recently, the last one I bought (about 4 wks ago) had a picture of 2 guys in the front.... guess that tells you the date somehow

According to the agfa webiste SELL BY DATE has been added to the paper labels.

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    I used to use the Agfa graded papers Broveria and the like then the Mcc paper came out and to be perfectly honest Every pack I have bought has been expired and highlights are gray. They replaced the paper but it too was expired. The owner of the shop told me they don't get any in date paper anymore. So, I don't buy it anymore. Whether it is true I don't know.

lee\c
    Mama took my APX away.....

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Ditto for me. No problems with Agfa paper.

Are you sure your developer is OK? Right formula? Right dilution? Too old?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have first hand knowledge of older Agfa MCC paper...

I just used some that is 5+ years old, stored in my basement darkroom. Just printed some 16x20s (something I do VERY rarely, hence the old paper) and the white is clean and clear.

So far so good after over 5 years that I'VE owned it... Who knows how long it was at Agfa before that...

joe

ldh

Shooter
    Pinhole

Polymax also underrated

I agree with the post about Polymax Fiber...I was encouraged to give it a shot this week by a colleague who prints for a living here in Prague...I came to the conclusion that I prefer it to Oriental for my choice of cold-tone papers...I think that somehow its not hip to like the papers in the yellow box, so you never hear about them or from people who use them. I for one am convinced... and the F surface is fantastic in selenium.
    s ledem prosim

Quote Originally Posted by ldh
    I agree with the post about Polymax Fiber...I was encouraged to give it a shot this week by a colleague who prints for a living here in Prague...I came to the conclusion that I prefer it to Oriental for my choice of cold-tone papers...I think that somehow its not hip to like the papers in the yellow box, so you never hear about them or from people who use them. I for one am convinced... and the F surface is fantastic in selenium.
    Polymax F has a prominent surface texture not seen in other papers.
    It adds to the quality of the image since it actually looks like paper IMHO
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    35mm

kodak Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    The Warmtones tone wonderfully but more aggressively. Kodak made Polymax in C surface- a semi gloss with a neutral image on a cream base. It was a luscious paper but I cant seem to find it anymore even though I bought some less than a year ago
    Mark
    Kodak has quit the black & white photography manufacture.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin