Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,898   Online: 946

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

T MAX 100 Developing

I've just loaded my first roll of Kodak T MAX 100 in to the camera. I use Ilford chemicals, ID-11, Ilfostop, Rapid Fixer, I've just started to look at developing and fixing times online, I'd really welcome comments from anyone else thats used this combination of film and chemicals.

Cheers

Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use the recommendations in the PDF's on Ilfords website. The stop bath and fixer instructions on the bottles are OK as wll. Good luck

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just go for it, i had that bug before, but once i started i never look back, i lost few rolls because of mistakes [wrong loading, not exposing the roll], but the development was always or mostly spot on, if there is a problem it is mostly me, follow that sheet Ian linked to and give it a try, Ilfostop and fixer are not a big deal, just let us know what you will get.

Good luck

Tareq

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yep, following Ilford's instructions is very reliable and provides great results.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Establish good consistent habits now and you'll find they will become automatic once you have your processes down.

TMAX films can build contrast quickly so it's a good idea to be precise with your times and temperature that gives you the negs you want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go for it.

I'd use the published time for development stage as a starting point. If you have to error, error on shorter side than longer.

Time for stop and fix aren't critical. 30 seconds stop and 5 minutes fix is sufficient.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Be sure you have a good thermometer -- the change in contrast with developing time/temperature is steeper with TMAX than any other films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just souped these TMAX 100 in ID11 (1+3) at Ilford recommended times at around 69F/70F. I think it was 14 minutes, but will have to check. Link to my blog (it's safe):

http://shearer7515.c3.cmdwebsites.com/blog/?p=2229

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    tha's wthe chemistruy iuse w(ith tmax400),but i use twobath fixing with all tmax films!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin