Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,189   Online: 688

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another thing you can use besides a hypodermic syringe is a medicine spoon for babies (see below). It looks like a test tube and is marked in milliliters, but the end is flared like a spoon. I find it really handy for measuring small amounts of HC-110 or Rodinal.

If the times for Dilution B (1+31) are too short -- under five minutes -- generally you can use "Dilution H," which is exactly half-strength Dilution B (1+62). Just double the Dilution B development time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	630_image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	52211

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    Another thing you can use besides a hypodermic syringe is a medicine spoon for babies (see below). It looks like a test tube and is marked in milliliters, but the end is flared like a spoon. I find it really handy for measuring small amounts of HC-110 or Rodinal.

If the times for Dilution B (1+31) are too short -- under five minutes -- generally you can use "Dilution H," which is exactly half-strength Dilution B (1+62). Just double the Dilution B development time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	630_image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	52211
    Thank you very much for that measuring tool, but i think i will go with the syringe, in fact the syringe was effective without needle, so i will keep that way.

About the developing time, because the time was 16 min. for dilution B developing this film at that speed, so it wasn't a problem, next film will be HP5+, it supposed to be developed at 7.5min. is that fine or should go with longer time developing with another dilution?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    next film will be HP5+, it supposed to be developed at 7.5min. is that fine or should go with longer time developing with another dilution?
    Use the dilution and time that Ilford or the Massive Dev Chart give you. The only exception might be Dilution H if you really wanted to develop for 15 mins., but the 7.5 mins. of Dilution B sounds just fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    Use the dilution and time that Ilford or the Massive Dev Chart give you. The only exception might be Dilution H if you really wanted to develop for 15 mins., but the 7.5 mins. of Dilution B sounds just fine.
    Ok, i think i will give that a try.

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My formula for 480/500ml development tank:

7.5ml syrup -> 480ml: Dilution H, 2x development time of Dilution B, good for one 36exp roll
    10ml syrup -> 480ml: Dilution E, 1.5x development time of Dilution B, good for two 36exp rolls (I know it's a bit short of suggested amount of syrup, but it works!)
    12.5ml syrup -> 500ml: Dilution D, 1.25x development time of Dilution B, good for two 36exp rolls
    15ml -> 480ml, Dilution B, good for two 36exp rolls

To measure the syrup, you can buy a Mortrain/Tylenol for kids in grocery store. It comes with a small measure cup with marks of 5ml, 7.5ml, 10ml, 12.5ml, 15ml. Perfect for the purpose.
    Last edited by newtorf; 06-08-2012 at 02:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    My formula for 480/500ml development tank:

7.5ml syrup -> 480ml: Dilution H, 2x development time of Dilution B, good for one 36exp roll
    10ml syrup -> 480ml: Dilution E, 1.5x development time of Dilution B, good for two 36exp rolls (I know it's a bit short of suggested amount of syrup, but it works!)
    12.5ml syrup -> 500ml: Dilution D, 1.25x development time of Dilution B, good for two 36exp rolls
    15ml -> 480ml, Dilution B, good for two 36exp rolls

To measure the syrup, you can buy a Mortrain/Tylenol for kids in grocery store. It comes with a small measure cup with marks of 5ml, 7.5ml, 10ml, 12.5ml, 15ml. Perfect for the purpose.
    Again, not everything i can find here, so for now i will keep using the syringe.

Thank you very much for your post, i did develop one film so far, later another day i will develop another film with same this developer and see how it will go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems The Tri-X400 developing went very good, i don't like this film much maybe because i used D-76 with it before, but with HC-110 dil B for EI/1600 it worked fine, the results are not super exceptional but they are very nice, i am sure if i shoot at 400 box speed it will give me amazing results.

Can't wait to see how HP5+ @800 will react with this developer later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It has been long time since i did Tri-X, so before i go with HP5+ which is waiting long enough, would like to know how does the Tri-X@1600 with HC-110, here are some results, what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img027.jpg   img029.jpg   img030.jpg   img031.jpg   img035.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Few more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img032.jpg   img033.jpg   img034.jpg   img036.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    If someone mentioned this website, I missed it: http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/

Lots of useful info.
    Keith Pitman
    Photographer
    www.keithpitman.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin