Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,627   Online: 1147

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Why? Probably because he's genuinely curious and hopeful. Sheesh. I mean, granted, I think the odds are pretty much nil, but everyone may not have gotten the word.
    Then I guess he's not been doing much film shopping over the last 2 years, right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Why? Probably because he's genuinely curious and hopeful. Sheesh. I mean, granted, I think the odds are pretty much nil, but everyone may not have gotten the word.
    Hear, hear, Roger.

Pretty sure Zewrak was curious ... and unaware that he would be scolded for his curiosity.

If I looked at Kodak's site and saw Plus-X advertised as it is on this link, I would assume that it was a current product. Just as I would when looking at the website for any manufacturer of any product.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    Hear, hear, Roger.

Pretty sure Zewrak was curious ... and unaware that he would be scolded for his curiosity.

If I looked at Kodak's site and saw Plus-X advertised as it is on this link, I would assume that it was a current product. Just as I would when looking at the website for any manufacturer of any product.
    Maybe he should have been "curiouser" and looked a little deeper?

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...CN040710_Q.pdf

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...plusX125.jhtml

Listed as discontinued on the Kodak USA site.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Maybe he should have been "curiouser" and looked a little deeper?

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...CN040710_Q.pdf

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...plusX125.jhtml

Did you have to post this, CGW? The OP already explained why he posted - no need to keep hammering at him, post after post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Honestly speaking, when this film PlusX was discontinued i never felt sorry, it is 125ASA film, at this speed FP4+ is my favorite, and i had PlusX and did one roll, was really nice but it didn't show much improvement to my eyes over FP4, so i never worried when it is gone, and seems it wasn't that much popular so Kodak dumped it.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I cried. Then I went out and got about 25 rolls in 120 and about 50 rolls in 35mm. I adore Plus-X.

If Plus-X was a woman I would marry her.

I would name my daughter Plus-X (except her name is already Katie and she won't let me change it)
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Hm, yes. Strange isn't it. When you go there from europe you get redirected to the EU site. Which seem to keep different information. I'm sure thats why the whole discussion started.

Thanks for your grandmotherly help in the matter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I cried. Then I went out and got about 25 rolls in 120 and about 50 rolls in 35mm. I adore Plus-X.

If Plus-X was a woman I would marry her.

I would name my daughter Plus-X (except her name is already Katie and she won't let me change it)
    LOL - same here
    I have not seen another film that I like as much as Plus-X (well, maybe Neopan 1600, but they are quite different animals).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone actually know if PX was *actually* removed from that page? I'm thinking it's not a return of any sorts....
    Get it right in the camera, the first time... My flickr

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Zewrak View Post
    Hm, yes. Strange isn't it. When you go there from europe you get redirected to the EU site. Which seem to keep different information. I'm sure thats why the whole discussion started.

Thanks for your grandmotherly help in the matter.
    Always glad to help the halt and the lame...Try Google before your next breaking news story.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin