Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,640   Online: 806

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Always glad to help the halt and the lame...Try Google before your next breaking news story.
    Which was done and led them to kodaks official site that listed it under current products. And since Kodak listed it on their own site as a current product and it is in stock in one if the bigger photographic shops in Sweden. People started to wonder, why a prevoiusly removed product was back on tge manufacturers site.

But ofcourse, if there is an answer anywhere, the question should never be asked.

I shall smear myself in dung and run naked thru the crowds of the whiparmed villagers, for thinking that Kodak had unclear information on their sites.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I shall smear myself in dung and run naked thru the crowds of the whiparmed villagers, for thinking that Kodak had unclear information on their sites.

I'd call that a good start. Don't forget to post it on YouTube, either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Honestly speaking, when this film PlusX was discontinued i never felt sorry, it is 125ASA film, at this speed FP4+ is my favorite, and i had PlusX and did one roll, was really nice but it didn't show much improvement to my eyes over FP4, so i never worried when it is gone, and seems it wasn't that much popular so Kodak dumped it.
    not me,
    i like/liked plus x, and found it to be a much better film than any of its tab grained cousins ( my, mx )
    forgiving, works well in a variety of developers ( yadda yadda yadda )

i wouldn't doubt it if koduck brought plus x back but charged like 12$/roll for it.
    that is kind of what they are doing with their sheet films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i wouldn't doubt it if koduck brought plus x back but charged like 12$/roll for it.
    that is kind of what they are doing with their sheet films.
    I would doubt it. I'll offer ten to one odds that they laid off the only people who really knew the tricks to make it come out right, so it would cost them a fortune to get it going again.

I love Plus-X as much as the next guy. I too have a stash in the freezer. But I'm afraid I'd suffocate if I held my breath waiting for its return. And I'm over the crying.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    And I'm over the crying.
    Me too, but I must admit that my eyes get moist when I look at the empty box of PX 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Me too, but I must admit that my eyes get moist when I look at the empty box of PX 4x5.
    I haven't looked at the web page discussed, but I do remember the old one. "When they say Black and White, this is what they mean."

Cut the OP some slack. If I saw it on their site as an active product my heart would stop for a moment too.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi MB

i was kind of being facetious
    you are right, they probably canned everyone who would be able to make it
    ( although a few months ago there was a thread here regarding a speech
    where someone in the know mentioned that perhaps kodak would start coating boutique emulsions
    from their "archives" )

i was just making a statement about their sad current state, where they charge so much for film,
    unless you are sleeping on a mattress full of $100 bills one can't afford to buy it.
    i learned this ( again ) a few weeks ago when i realized their film was about 2x the price of their
    age old rival's film. nearly 2$ / sheet for 4x5 film ... makes me cringe .. and to think i
    was fortunate enough to purchase a stockpile of film years ago i am still nibbling away at ...
    ( and the prices were 60¢/sheet for 4x5, and 1¢/sheet for 5x7 ).

i think i was low when i said 12$/roll, it would be more like 16$/roll, and they'll bring back 12 frame 'realtor' rolls ...

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I haven't looked at the web page discussed, but I do remember the old one. "When they say Black and White, this is what they mean."

Cut the OP some slack. If I saw it on their site as an active product my heart would stop for a moment too.

MB
    +1.

I like it slightly better than FP4+ but not enough so to get too upset about it. I don't think a photo will succeed for fail because it was shot on one versus the other, but I'd be happy if it came back. Of course I'd be happy to win the lottery too which is probably slightly more likely.

But I too would be surprised if I saw it listed by Kodak as a current product, and *gasp and horrors* possibly even ask about it here.

Shooter
    35mm
    The other day I wanted to check a movie camera and I wished I still had some 7231, 7222 is the only B&W negative movie film which can get interesting as movie cameras tend to have a fixed 1/50th of a second shutter sped (At 24FPS) at 1/50 ISO 250 is a touch fast in bright sun.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And to be honest, i maybe didn't like that Plus-X because i did use D-76 with it, i had TMAX and Pan F+ souped in Ilfosol 3 and D-76, all with that Ilfosol 3 was better slightly to me than D-76, and Plus X was with only D76, maybe if i tried XTOL or HC-110 or something else i may like it more, but don't get me wrong, it is really nice film, just the results i've got didn't cut it over FP4 for me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin