Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,629   Online: 1080

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    I would recomend getting a copy of this book, any edition...
    http://www.amazon.com/Developing-Pri.../dp/0879851821 from a used bookseller like amazon, or ABEbooks.com

I covers all the normal procedures.

As far as the "below the lens" multigrade filters, they are attached by a either a ring that fits a typical 39mm enlarging lens mount, or by three screws taht grip the lens, so they are likely to fit almost any enlarger on the planet. the above the lens filters need an enlarger with a "filter drawer". If there is a knob that pulls out above the negative carier on your enlarger you can get a set of the above the lens filters. Your post does not give your location so I is hard to give you a lead to a dealer.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Morrisphotos,

Send me your postal address and I will send you the multigrade printing book free of charge, this should help you get started...it tells you about the basics such as test prints etc, etc.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    not sure if you can help me as i have bought and received Ilford Multigrade Filter Set, 8.9cm, Below Lens filter set but i cant get it to fit my lens the enlarger i have is a Meopta Opemus 3 and the lens it uses is a Meopta belar 4,5/75 234238

Thank you

Shooter
    35mm
    Do you have the full kit? You need the filter holder as well as the filters You seem to be saying that you do. If so the kit is designed to fit any lens. Ilford had to make it that way in order to sell it to the owners of any enlarger.

If you haven't got the rest of the kit then you should have a red safety filter which swings into and out of the path of the lens. Take the red filter out of its holder then place the filters on the holder including the Ilford red safety filter which should be part of the kit or if there isn't an Ilford red safety filter then simply lay the red safety filter you have taken out back on top of its holder when you need to place paper safely under the lens

I hope this helps

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisphotos123 View Post
    not sure if you can help me as i have bought and received Ilford Multigrade Filter Set, 8.9cm, Below Lens filter set but i cant get it to fit my lens
    Unless I'm mistaken, the 8.9cm filters are just sheets of gels. The "under lens" kit consists of a set of gels 52mm diameter mounted in plastic frames 63mm square (dimensions approximate). See attached image. Left side is the 8.9cm gels, right side is the under-lens kit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MG-filters.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    In the Darkroom what I am doing is mixing up the chemical baths and getting them to 20C then I put the neg in the enlarger and shine it down on to my board so I can focus it ok. then I put the red safe light on in the room with the safe light filter over the enlarger. Then I line up a pace of cut paper to develop to then I set my Philips ]Enlarger Timer PDC1010[/B][/B] to the correct seconds then move the red safe filter out the way and insert grade 2 and do a test strip like you i have read on here and in books . I then develop it and hope something comes out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear Morrisphotos,

Send me your postal address and I will send you the multigrade printing book free of charge, this should help you get started...it tells you about the basics such as test prints etc, etc.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    that's a generous offer to the OP.

selfishly, I wonder if that is available as a pdf download ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Pdeeh,

No its not, but if you pm your postal address I will send you one.

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin