Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,830   Online: 808

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ok, I'm a bonehead (was 6x9 film)

Sorry, y'all.

I meant 9x12 film.

I got confused after bidding on a 6x9 Agfa on eBay.

9x12. http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=68

That ultimately is what I'd like to get, but they're out of stock. Not that I'm in a great hurry.

The ICA Ideal I have actually has some film in the carrier, but I suspect it's long dead by now.

Quote Originally Posted by zenrhino
    Sorry, y'all.

I meant 9x12 film.

I got confused after bidding on a 6x9 Agfa on eBay.

9x12. http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=68

That ultimately is what I'd like to get, but they're out of stock. Not that I'm in a great hurry.

The ICA Ideal I have actually has some film in the carrier, but I suspect it's long dead by now.
    This is the film that fits your camera:

http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=66

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I believe he's saying that his camera takes 9x12cm film. So 6.5x9 would be useless to him, and the whole debate stems from his confusing two different cameras.

zenrhino, good luck with your 9x12cm camera. It's a nice size, somewhat less square than 4x5". And those old folding 9x12cm cameras are small and light - my Bergheil weighs less than most TF (TinyFormat = 35mm) cameras!

Does your ICA have the Tessar 135/4.5 lens?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I believe he's saying that his camera takes 9x12cm film. So 6.5x9 would be useless to him, and the whole debate stems from his confusing two different cameras.

zenrhino, good luck with your 9x12cm camera. It's a nice size, somewhat less square than 4x5". And those old folding 9x12cm cameras are small and light - my Bergheil weighs less than most TF (TinyFormat = 35mm) cameras!

Now I understand. Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Yeah, it sure does. I just noticed that!

The aperature ring moves nicely and the shutter speeds all sound close to my recently CLA'd Yashica Lynx.

And you're right -- the thing weighs less than either my Kiev 60 or my Nikon D70 with the big glass on it. =)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin