Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,952   Posts: 1,557,979   Online: 1092

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a one question about ND filter. I have only Hitech 3,0 ND Pro Stop filter. I used this filter on digital camera. This filter creates blue color cast on digital pictures. Is this color cast problem with BW negative?

See this link
    http://blog.robertstrachan.com/archi...filter-review/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used Delta 100 for many long exposures. No problems.

I'm still not sure what you don't like, specifically about the sky. If you are talking about the grain, keep in mind Perceptol is not a sharp developer, so you will not get very crisp grain at 1+1.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On BW film; there will be no problem with blue colour cast.
    Don't forget that the sky is moving during your exposure.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I've used Delta 100 for many long exposures. No problems.

I'm still not sure what you don't like, specifically about the sky. If you are talking about the grain, keep in mind Perceptol is not a sharp developer, so you will not get very crisp grain at 1+1.
    Maybe grain, maybe rendering blured sky. This is my first try with long esposures on film. Do you have a recomendation for developer? Could I see your pictures with long exposures or do you have only paper photos, please?

Thak you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    On BW film; there will be no problem with blue colour cast.
    Don't forget that the sky is moving during your exposure.
    Moving sky. Yes, I know.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    During these long exposures the clouds are moving effectively creating underexposure to the sky. The scanning may be exacerbating the grain effect also. If you made a print in the darkroom, burning the sky in with appropriate contrast, I think the results would be more to your liking.
    Chris Saganich
    http://www.imagebrooklyn.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My long exposures don't have sky in them so I don't think they would help. I was just using myself as an example of someone who regularly uses Ilford films (and Kodak films) for long exposures and there are no negative effects.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, i did use this filter, B+W 3.0 ND, but i am sorry that i always say i have experience in digital, so on my digital shots with this filter i don't like the overall mostly the sky look, so i don't know if it will be worse with film, but i can't tell until i give it a try, hope i can have that time to do it and show the results.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would like to find reciprocity characteristic for Rollei ATP 1.1. I am looking for this characteristic, but I cant find it. Maybe, this film could be a good idea for long exposures. No Ilford film, but......
    Last edited by transporti686; 06-06-2012 at 03:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I found some pictures with Ilford Delta 100 on internet - long exposures.

See link: http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=877772

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin