Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,459   Online: 760

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another picture form second roll Pan F Plus developed in Perceptol 1+1. I bought this roll in same time as first roll.

Same result as result from first roll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails archit4.jpg   archit4 100 crop.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another picture form third roll Pan F Plus developed in ID11 1+1, EI 25, time 8min 30s. I bought this roll in same time as first and second roll.

Same result as result from first and second roll. I cant believe it. In my opinion this structure is not normal from this film.

All pictures with orange and Hitech 3,0 ND Pro Stop filter.

I bought next roll from another seller and I will test this roll!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails archit5.jpg   archit5 100 crop.jpg  
    Last edited by transporti686; 06-09-2012 at 03:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by transporti686 View Post
    Hello,

Do you have experience with long exposures on Ilfords BW negative films with strong ND filters (etc. Hitech 3,0 ND Pro Stop, Hitech standard ND 3,0, Lee Big Stopper, B+W 106 ND, B+W110 ND)? Long exposures in daytime for 1min., 2min. max 10 minutes.

I tried Ilford Pan F Plus with orange filter and Hitech 3,0 Pro Stop ND filter for this work. Ilford Pan F Plus, because is slow film ISO 50 and with Perceptol EI 25 an this film have poor reciprocity charakteristic. This reciprocity failure is benefit for this work. I rated Pan F Plus as EI 25 and developed with Perceptol 1+1.

Do you have any pictures with long exposure on Ilfords BW films? I would like to see some works and discuss about this point. I would like to discuss about good choice of strong ND filter for BW negative.

Thank you.
    Have you tried using 2 polarising filters instead of ND filters? It may give you more control.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Have you tried using 2 polarising filters instead of ND filters? It may give you more control.
    I tried this technique with 35mm film. For Carl Zeiss Flektogon 50/4 MC is not good technique (very large front lens diameter 86 mm, very expensive filters).

I will test another roll. Maybe, this is a problem with rolls form same batch or problem with this filter for BW negative films. I dont know at this time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wish if we have clouds then i will give it a try and show you, also i do only with MF[120] format, i may give it a try on something else rather than cloudy sky.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Wish if we have clouds then i will give it a try and show you, also i do only with MF[120] format, i may give it a try on something else rather than cloudy sky.
    Your test will be very helpful for me. Do you have a Ilford Pan F Plus 120?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your test will be very helpful for me. Do you have a Ilford Pan F Plus 120?
    Ofcourse, this film is one of Ilford favorite films i like [including to HP5+ and FP4+], i did use this film before and have great results, but never used it for long exposure with filters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I tested another roll Pan F Plus, today (roll from another seller). I did several pictores of same scene (short exposure, long exposure, with ND filter, with filters, without filters). Dynamic range of the scene was 6,5 - 7 EV. I am a very courios for result.

Pictures will be added today evening or tomorrow.
    Last edited by transporti686; 06-10-2012 at 09:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tested another roll Pan F Plus, today (roll from another seller). I did several pictores of same scene (short exposure, long exposure, with ND filter, with filters, without filters). Dynamic range of the scene was 6,5 - 7 EV. I am a very courios for result.

Pictures will be added today evening or tomorrow.
    OK, i will shoot one day soon with Pan F+ and show the results.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Long exposures with Hitech 3,0 ND Pro Stop and orange filter:

1. EI 25, ID11 1+1 8min 30s, third roll Pan F+
    2. EI 25, Perceptol 1+1 10min, fourth roll Pan F+ (roll from another seller)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin