Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,190   Online: 692

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    I guess I'd run a little test, Mark... especially if the lot codes are the same on any unexposed rolls. I'd shoot a roll and develop it using a water stop bath & shoot a second roll using whatever stop bath you used before.

If both rolls have the same problem, you will know it is the film. Send an email to Ilford and give them all the details & the lot code.

If the roll in the water stop bath is good, well then... I guess that's the answer!
    Jeanette
    This was the last roll of a few I bought about a year ago, the others were fine although used much earlier. Truthfully I'm not excited by these tab grain films, they're sharp yet they dont look sharp. I just wonder if this film had an accidental exposure to tropical heat and humidity

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just another voice crying out in echo:

Several rolls of Delta 100 135-36 in Rodinal at 1:25 for 9 minutes with Ilfostop and Ilford Rapid Fixer - No nasties to report.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like everything has been covered and again lots of Rodinal use (1+100 to 1+25) on several types of films without any problems. I only use water as a stop-bath though rather than lfostop.

Have you considered the Rodinal Moth? Nasty little beasties and the only thing Morten is scared of

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aha! So that's why he wears that latex suit.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    Aha! So that's why he wears that latex suit.
    Yep

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Any chance of some remnants of powder developer getting on the film while loading in the darkroom?

Have you looked at the spots under high magnification, such as a microscope? A student binocular dissecting microscope with above and below illumination might reveal whether the spots are bits of emulsion damage, developed silver, some additional meterial stuck on the surface etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Yep
    I don't wear it myself (my body is NOT fit for tight clothes )

But I am hell scared of the Rodinal Moth!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    This was the last roll of a few I bought about a year ago, the others were fine although used much earlier.
    Mark
    Mark
    It was about a year ago when many people using Ilford films reported this problem. I had one roll with these small black specks myself. At the time I was hanging around the Ilford forums (with several other suscribers and members currently hanging here). Ilford investigated and said it was a manufactor problem that was corrected, and issued a recall at the time. Only certian batches were affected and if I remember correctly, it was a small number.
    I use Ilford HC and Rodinal and have always used Ilford stopbath. With the exception of the one roll mentioned above, I've never had a problem with film.
    Coffee shakes, poor judgement and lack of focus :o is another matter...

Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Looks like everything has been covered and again lots of Rodinal use (1+100 to 1+25) on several types of films without any problems. I only use water as a stop-bath though rather than lfostop.

Have you considered the Rodinal Moth? Nasty little beasties and the only thing Morten is scared of
    I conclude that the Rodinal Moth hatches in acetic acid
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin