Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,198   Online: 818

Shooter
    35mm

Old developer question

I recently came across a description of a developer that had magical properties - higher speed from Tri-X with controllable contrast and minimal grain increase. The stuff was called Perfection Super-Speed Extended-Range film developer. Does anyone know what, aside from pixie dust, was in this and is there or has there been a formula? Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi presspass

not sure if this is any help ....

but on the unblinkingeye.com there is a formula
    for another developer in the perfection arsenal ... xr-1
    http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/XR-1/xr-1.html
    it sounds interesting, and maybe similar to what you are looking for.

have fun!
    john

Shooter
    35mm
    John:
    That looks like it. Thanks. I have everything except the phenodine (Sp?) and will order that. A little more complex than the Thorton two-bath or other developers, but certainly worth a try. Again, thanks for your help.
    Jim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Found a datasheet for XR-1

It's a bit mind-blowing. Some things I see as I glance through...

It's not a "fine-grain" developer. If you want fine-grain, you choose a fine-grain film.

You agitate every 15 seconds. You have exposure latitude +/- 1 stop. You use an incident meter for exposure and develop the whole roll according to the lighting conditions.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin