Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,621   Online: 1106

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think some of your problem may be that your image is a high key image for the most part. Not a whole lot of silver is your image besides the tree itself. I have notice that with a high key image the reddish purples don't seem as strong because the intensity of color in the highlights is just not as strong. Try a print with more midtones and shadows and you will see what I mean. If you're looking for a reddish tone with this type of image I would recommend fully sepia toning with a middle range of accelerator and then gold toning until you get the tone you desire. This will get you the red tones you're looking for, but gold toner is rather expensive but does last a long time. Or you could try copper toning, which is not archival. I've never used copper toner. You really need to get The Toning Book by Tim Rudman. Great book.

Michael, I've never heard of temperature affecting the color of selenium. Do you mean after the selenium toning takes place the rest of the baths after should be slightly cooler? That's interesting. Which Adams book did you find that? The Print? I was surprised when in my thread those reported it was due to dry down. Didn't make any sense to me back then, but does more so now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's in The Print. He has some interesting things to say there. Hard to say whether or not any of what he talks about applies to current and/or VC papers though. Still worth reading though. When I looked back at your original thread on this I too was surprised the consensus quickly settled on dry-down. This may or may not be the explanation. PE might be able to shed some light on why the color might change during drying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin