Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,900   Online: 1024

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    Alan, phosphate buffer can be replaced back to sulfite-metabisulfite system as in 1st version. this isn't important for one-shot concentrate.
    salicylic acid easy dissolved after you add alkali (sodium sulfite, carbonate)
    Only 30g of sulfite is a low amount. Most developers have much more to help the Phenidone and improve buffering. Why did you choose that low amount of sulfite? Did more sulfite cause a problem?
    I'm asking because I want to try this developer, and it helps to know why quantities were chosen. I'm thinking of improving buffering by using more sulfite and more metabisulfite, but I don't want that to cause some other problem.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems similar to some modified POTA formulas.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Seems similar to some modified POTA formulas.
    this isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by albada View Post
    Only 30g of sulfite is a low amount. Most developers have much more to help the Phenidone and improve buffering. Why did you choose that low amount of sulfite? Did more sulfite cause a problem?
    I'm asking because I want to try this developer, and it helps to know why quantities were chosen. I'm thinking of improving buffering by using more sulfite and more metabisulfite, but I don't want that to cause some other problem.
    Mark, small amount of sodium sulfite because I'm not need extra silver halide solvent in developer, which cause to less sharpness. You can try to increase concentration of sulfite to 50g/l and increase amount metabisulfite to keep pH=7.2-7.3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    this isn't true.
    Whatever you say.

Shooter
    35mm
    NeopanSS @800 (push +3), RD-107F 25C 45m stand: 1min initial agitation and 5 rotation after 25min

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin