Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,554   Posts: 1,573,148   Online: 826

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    No longer available--film or processing--in N. America. Dr5 in Denver is the place for reversal processing of available b&w film materials.
    Well, I know, used them, too. And they also offer development of Scala 200X in their process. Therefore no problems for North Americans to get their Scala films reversal processed.
    As said above, no problems to get the film for those who like it. Ordering from overseas is quite easy today, compared to former times.
    And most of the mentioned labs, including dr5, are doing international business.
    And perhaps the film will be listed again by N.A. distributors if photographers demand it. We've recently seen just this with several other products from Europe, e.g. Agfa Copex Rapid film, Spur and Tetenal chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Who'd bother buying stale Scala anyway?
    Some photographers like the look of Tri-X, others that of HP5, some of Delta 100.......and some just like the unique look of Scala 200X. With it's darker reproduction of reds (it is a bit orthopanchromatic sensitised) this film has its own character. Not being worse or better than other BW slide films, just different.
    The tastes of photographers are different, so are the films.
    And Adox is working on a long term successor of Scala for the time when stock is depleted.

Best regards,
    Henning

richydicky
    I bought some earlier this year and it is dated to 2014. I got it developed at photostudio13, good service, nicely balanced tones and contrast and good price about the same or less less than commercial processing for B&W here in the UK. I also got some 120 film done at the same, as Henning says they process a range of other films, nice results too. I tried dr5 before but for European users it is a better option for original Scala film or for others especially 120 size.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Henning Serger - If I didnt know better Id say you were deliberately trying to steer business away from us, in many of your posts you supply info like your advertising for these other labs.. FYI - It would cost someone in the N.America a fortune to send film to Germany instead of sending to us. I would put dr5 quality up against anything coming out of these other labs. My clients have sent us examples of their work... Best regards...

Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Well, I know, used them, too. And they also offer development of Scala 200X in their process. Therefore no problems for North Americans to get their Scala films reversal processed.
    As said above, no problems to get the film for those who like it. Ordering from overseas is quite easy today, compared to former times.
    And most of the mentioned labs, including dr5, are doing international business.
    And perhaps the film will be listed again by N.A. distributors if photographers demand it. We've recently seen just this with several other products from Europe, e.g. Agfa Copex Rapid film, Spur and Tetenal chemistry.

Some photographers like the look of Tri-X, others that of HP5, some of Delta 100.......and some just like the unique look of Scala 200X. With it's darker reproduction of reds (it is a bit orthopanchromatic sensitised) this film has its own character. Not being worse or better than other BW slide films, just different.
    The tastes of photographers are different, so are the films.
    And Adox is working on a long term successor of Scala for the time when stock is depleted.

Best regards,
    Henning

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    Henning Serger - If I didnt know better Id say you were deliberately trying to steer business away from us, in many of your posts you supply info like your advertising for these other labs.. FYI - It would cost someone in the N.America a fortune to send film to Germany instead of sending to us. I would put dr5 quality up against anything coming out of these other labs. My clients have sent us examples of their work... Best regards...
    -) this is an international forum, refering to service providers in Europe does not necessarily mean trying to detract customers from a North-American provider

-) the OP was about Europe

-) Henning Serger even hinted at your business as provider of processing

Shooter
    35mm
    Not mentioning that with a minimum of effort one can develop Scala at home. The Foma reversal kit is a good starting point.
    Last edited by Alessandro Serrao; 11-15-2012 at 08:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..his reply was to someone in the US - 'not' Europe. His numinous posts on the subject is repetitious. If one want an apples to apples, then I would be up for that.. otherwise lets keep it fair. Film Business is tough enough in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    -) this is an international forum, refering to service providers in Europe does not necessarily mean trying to detract customers from a North-American provider

-) the OP was about Europe

-) Henning Serger even hinted at your business as provider of processing

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far I have not seen any bias at the postings of Henning neither here nor at another forum. You however show a strong bias toward your own services.
    You may consider doing regular advertising.

Shooter
    Large Format
    ..his reply was to someone in the US - 'not' Europe. His numinous posts on the subject is repetitious. If one want an apples to apples, then I would be up for that.. otherwise lets keep it fair. Film Business is tough enough in the US.
    I think CGW is in Toronto, Canada.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear David,

Henning Serger - If I didnt know better Id say you were deliberately trying to steer business away from us, in many of your posts you supply info like your advertising for these other labs..
    I've never advertised 'these other labs', just given the information that they are existing.
    And that the original Scala-Process is still existing and run by several labs.
    I've only written that because two members in the beginning of the thread (one from the U.S. and one from Canada) said that this process is long dead and not offered anymore. Which is simply wrong.
    I've only given the forum members here the correct information about the status of Scala processing.

And furthermore I've written in my post about your lab, I quote:
    "Well, I know, used them, too. And they also offer development of Scala 200X in their process. Therefore no problems for North Americans to get their Scala films reversal processed."

And I have also in some threads here on apug explained why BW reversal is so awesome and unique. And that those photographers who have never tried so far absolutely should try it now.

Therefore it is ridiculous to say I would try to steer business away from you. That is definitely not the case.

FYI - It would cost someone in the N.America a fortune to send film to Germany instead of sending to us.
    I've never recommended that.
    The OP is from Europe, even the European Union, not from North America. It is much easier and hassle free to send films in between the EU compared to sending films across the Atlantic.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    FWIW I believe scala is basically agfa apx100 bW film.

I used this film with a Scala Lab Toronto Image Works to make film positives when making enlarged negatives for Pt Pd , worked very well. TIW no longer has an official Scala process. For that matter I do not think anyone does in NAmerica. DR5 has certainly figured out how to make film positives from many film brands and speeds.
    Never used them but I understand there work is great.
    Very interesting that there are official Scala Labs in Europe, that I did not know.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin