Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,506   Online: 855

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    You can find that anywhere in the world, (top quality and reasonably priced), other than DR5 I know of no labs in NA offering this type of development.
    Some would argue that top quality comes with a premium price.
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    Experience.
    Scala dev+shipping in Germany is top quality and reasonably priced.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    You can find that anywhere in the world, (top quality and reasonably priced), other than DR5 I know of no labs in NA offering this type of development.
    Some would argue that top quality comes with a premium price.
    Come again?
    We are talking abut the Scala process.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Scala is apx 100 negative film... DR 5 converts this film to positive.. so yes we are talking the same language here...I here they are pretty good at converting any type of negative film into positives, so I would say my guy trumps your guy.
    Ask your Scala lab how many films they can convert into positives, actually ask your Scala lab exactly what film emulsion Scala is. I think you may be surprised if they are honest with you.

Come again?
    We are talking abut the Scala process.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Scala is apx 100 negative film... DR 5 converts this film to positive.. so yes we are talking the same language here...I here they are pretty good at converting any type of negative film into positives, so I would say my guy trumps your guy.
    Ask your Scala lab how many films they can convert into positives, actually ask your Scala lab exactly what film emulsion Scala is. I think you may be surprised if they are honest with you.
    We are talking about quality processing (Scala process) of Scala film.
    DR 5 is NOT Scala process and it will be pricier for EU based user, as the OP is and the Scala film and process are made for each other by top scientists, its very hard to achieve that as a workaround approach.
    Also, a few films are based on APX but that's not what this thread is about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This explains the difference between Scala process and Dr5 process:
    http://www.dr5.com/tech.html

I've been using dr5 for years, sending stuff over in batches from the UK - superb quality processing.
    See sample here, dr5 processed Ilford Delta 100:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apug_knockan.jpg  

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think DR5 is pretty shit hot ,, so to speak in lab lingo.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

I agree!
    These are hot as well:
    http://www.photostudio13.de/
    http://www.schwarz-weiss-dia.de/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Looks very professional , at a bit of a disadvantage as I only read English.

I have been beta testing enlarged negative for multiple register alternative printing , as well can make film positives for gravure and other possibility's.
    I have used Rollie ortho 25 on my Lambda 76 and we use the outputted film to contact on any silver emulsion... or alt process for that matter.
    I believe Salto in Belgium may be working on these lines.

We believe we were the first lab in the world that made digital fibre mural prints from files using a laser exposure unit like the Lambda 76, 2002 Agfa Classic, Now the Harmon product is the only game in town but that was introduced in 2006.

the large positives/negatives on silver film I make are not for enlargement , but they are indeed suited for high quality contact printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..''tanks' Bob.. Last I looked though my s*it wasn't very hot this morning

georg16nik - the film links are here - http://dr5.com/blackandwhiteslide/filmreviewdev1.html
    You don't need to use scala film.
    Scala film is available for sale BTW through FOTOIMPEX. They have years of it left.
    They also have a new film out called SILVERMAX that is very similar to scala. We have been testing it. It is a very good film for B&W slides.

georg16nik - We have been processing "scala film" since it came out [96]. We process the film better than 'any' scala line. We are the last lab outside of Germany able to run the film. We also have many clients from Europe, simply because we run the film better and the film choices we offer.
    As for the rate differences - The fact the Europe has [supposedly] a much higher cost to do business/taxes/cost of living, the much lower processing rate is a complete mystery to us. What we charge is darn near rock-bottom for us to survive.

Contact us for other Q's [no more violating Sean's rules] or Gavin S. He is a regular user of dr5 [a very good one].

dw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    ..'

Contact us for other Q's [no more violating Sean's rules] or Gavin S. He is a regular user of dr5 [a very good one].

dw
    Gavin S is me just in case you're wondering...!

David - aw shucks...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin