Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,596   Online: 1287

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..we would be willing to offer you some process testing. Especially if it is large format you are looking to do..
    http://dr5.com/blackandwhiteslide/filmreviewdev1.html
    ..would say that you won't find a better 'quality' reversal source.
    This would apply to anyone in Europe wanting to test our line. Contact us directly for proper parameters.

regards.

Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    The fact is, best labs are located in Germany.. like it or not.
    The most convenient chemical kits for reversal are made by Tetenal in Germany or other skillful chemists in EU, Those kits would not be imported in US if they are crap. The labs in Germany are not from yesterday and Tetenal are veterans in quality and skills worldwide.
    DR5 as a process is great (hats down to You) but that doesn't mean everything else is crap.
    This thread as far as I see it, concerns Europe.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm also considering starting a professional b&w reversal service Eu-based, exactly as Mr. David Wood did 10+ years ago. Who is interested can contact me personally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    ..we would be willing to offer you some process testing. Especially if it is large format you are looking to do..
    http://dr5.com/blackandwhiteslide/filmreviewdev1.html
    ..would say that you won't find a better 'quality' reversal source.
    This would apply to anyone in Europe wanting to test our line. Contact us directly for proper parameters.

regards.

Shooter
    35mm
    Henning Serger - If I didnt know better Id say you were deliberately trying to steer business away from us, in many of your posts you supply info like your advertising for these other labs..
    Mr Wood, your bashing of other forum members is not acceptable.

And fact is, that it is exactly the oppsite of what you are saying:
    You are permanently trying to steer business away from other international BW reversal labs.
    For years you've had the statement on your website that you are the last quality BW reversal lab in the world.
    And that is absolutely not true, it is a lie.

And your permanent talk that only you are able to develop BW slides properly, and all other BW slide labs in other countries don't know what they are doing and can't achieve quality....well, no need to further comment that marketing BS.
    I've had films send to you in the past.
    And I've send films to three other BW reversal labs. The results of your competitors have been better.
    And the service has been better, too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Scala is apx 100 negative film...
    No.
    There are some differences. Scala is an emulsion modified for reversal processing. More robust (because of the bleach), with a higher silver content and on a clear base.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Seems like Film - Niko has a burr in his/her britches..
    Maybe you can come out of the closet and reveal yourself and your credentials . I would be interested in knowing who I am talking too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Film-Niko View Post
    No.
    There are some differences. Scala is an emulsion modified for reversal processing. More robust (because of the bleach), with a higher silver content and on a clear base.

Shooter
    35mm
    georg16nik - We have been processing "scala film" since it came out [96]. We process the film better than 'any' scala line.

No. There are even some other professional processes out there delivering better quality, e.g. Agenzia Luce in Italy and Mr Wehner in Germany.

We are the last lab outside of Germany able to run the film.

Again wrong. There is for example Agenzia Luce in Italy and Arka in Paris, France. AFAIK there is also one in Australia, too. Agenzia offers almost all BW films as slide, and Arka has recently extended its range of films, too.

Shooter
    35mm
    No. There are even some other professional processes out there delivering better quality, e.g. Agenzia Luce in Italy and Mr Wehner in Germany.

Again wrong. There is for example Agenzia Luce in Italy and Arka in Paris, France. AFAIK there is also one in Australia, too. Agenzia offers almost all BW films as slide, and Arka has recently extended its range of films, too.
    I'd like to add that there's nothing "magic" in b&w reversal. Many formulas have been around for centuries. What one does pay is the work that's behind the curtains, work that is necessary to find the proper parameters for each and every emulsion that can be reversed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

The dr5 lab

EST - late 1997. 15yrs.

In 1999 We spent/invested almost 200K on a custom designed 'dr5' D&D processor. It is capable of producing 100-rolls a day - dr5 itself was created in 1991 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr5_chrome [we didn't list this, an enthused user did]. The process it-self is trade secret, though I will publish it sooner or later.
    There is much competition in Europe but not necessarily consistent quality. We have many clients from Europe for this reason.. A.S - you have no idea what you are getting yourself into. It isn't as easy as easy as saying ' I am going to start a lab today' ... especially, today. hmog

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    I'm also considering starting a professional b&w reversal service Eu-based, exactly as Mr. David Wood did 10+ years ago. Who is interested can contact me personally.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Proof is in the pudding sir... prove it. put up or shut up.

I am willing to put dr5 up against any.
    Find a competent 3rd party shooter and I will process my side of the test for free.
    I have offered such testing in the past - funny how everyone seems to chicken out.

regards.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin