Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,900   Online: 1157
      
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65
  1. #51
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,649
    Images
    14
    I would be the 3rd party shooter but I am biased as I think your work rivals anyones world wide.
    I have been self employed running my little lab since 1991 , I know how hard you work and how you
    take pride in your business.





    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    Proof is in the pudding sir... prove it. put up or shut up.

    I am willing to put dr5 up against any.
    Find a competent 3rd party shooter and I will process my side of the test for free.
    I have offered such testing in the past - funny how everyone seems to chicken out.

    regards.

  2. #52
    dr5chrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    445
    Images
    12
    We do not state we are the only lab able to run B&W chrome. Other than outside of certain parts of Europe, we are. If Sean is going to allow Mr.Serger on here to advertise every other lab in Europe then steer the US base as well "I will have something to say about it" How is that fair to us? ..and do not say that is not what he has been doing! If there has to be an 'apples to apples' comparison, then lets do it! I'm game.

    Until recently [a year ago] we didn't even know there were other labs running reversal B&W. By the client base we have [yes German] in Europe we thought this to be true. ..by the chatter on this very forum - a year ago - we thought this to be true. By the positive feed back we receive from clients comparing our processing to prior-Euro - we thought this to be true. It IS NOT my intention to publicly downer another lab, & show me where I have done so.. If they provide a quality service as we would - it's fair competitive business. It wasn't Until I had a lengthy conversation with Mirko @ FOTOIMPEX did I understand the full scope of the processing picture over there.

    I am sorry you had a poor experience here. You are welcome to post such visual deficiencies. This in NOT the norm at this lab.

    I am not on this forum most of the time, but I will correct information when I see it. Lets just all play fair.
    I dont know what marketing BS your talking about... what a rotten thing to say.

    regards.



    Quote Originally Posted by Film-Niko View Post
    Mr Wood, your bashing of other forum members is not acceptable.

    And fact is, that it is exactly the oppsite of what you are saying:
    You are permanently trying to steer business away from other international BW reversal labs.
    For years you've had the statement on your website that you are the last quality BW reversal lab in the world.
    And that is absolutely not true, it is a lie.

    And your permanent talk that only you are able to develop BW slides properly, and all other BW slide labs in other countries don't know what they are doing and can't achieve quality....well, no need to further comment that marketing BS.
    I've had films send to you in the past.
    And I've send films to three other BW reversal labs. The results of your competitors have been better.
    And the service has been better, too.

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    654
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    We do not state we are the only lab able to run B&W chrome......
    Yes, You do.

    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    ....If Sean is going to allow Mr.Serger on here to advertise every other lab in Europe then steer the US base as well "I will have something to say about it" How is that fair to us? ..and do not say that is not what he has been doing! If there has to be an 'apples to apples' comparison, then lets do it! I'm game....
    Mr.Serger shared information about the Scala film and process with the OP.
    If that's advertising, then discussions of film, paper and chemistry and services should be off-topic on APUG, unless You are advertiser.

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    It isn't as easy as easy as saying ' I am going to start a lab today' ... especially, today. hmog
    Believe it or not there's still room for other lab in EU besides yours.

  5. #55
    JMB
    JMB is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    16

    Scala Film

    [QUOTE=Henning Serger;1366443]That is right. It is still original Agfa Scala 200X produced by Agfa in Leverkusen, Germany, in 2005.


    I ran across this somewhat old Scala thread, and I have a couple of questions if anyone is still paying attention.

    I have noticed that there are a number of sellers in Germany offering 35 mm Scala with 2014 expiration dates. Am I to understand from the above quote that this film had to have been produced in 2005? And if so, isn't 2014 a bit of a stretch?

    Also, who produces the stuff currently marked AGFA APX 100? Thanks!

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    654
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I ran across this somewhat old Scala thread, and I have a couple of questions if anyone is still paying attention.

    I have noticed that there are a number of sellers in Germany offering 35 mm Scala with 2014 expiration dates. Am I to understand from the above quote that this film had to have been produced in 2005? And if so, isn't 2014 a bit of a stretch?

    Also, who produces the stuff currently marked AGFA APX 100? Thanks!
    The AGFA Scala available on the market today is perhaps from a frozen roll.
    It is perfectly OK and not a stretch to deep freeze film before exposure. Kodak Tech Pan was available for a lot of years because they got big roll in the cold storage.

  7. #57
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,488
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Also, who produces the stuff currently marked AGFA APX 100? Thanks!

    Nobody... it's still old stock. Maybe recently converted from long rolls though. If it is labelled AgfaPhoto with the red dot.

    If it is labelled Agfa with the red rhomb it it's even an old conversion...

  8. #58
    JMB
    JMB is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    16
    Thanks for the input. I suppose it's best to simply try a few roles and check the results. Incidentally, if anyone has any Scala sheet film in any size that they would like to sell, I would be interested in purchasing it.

  9. #59
    coigach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Inverness-shire, Scotland
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,484
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Thanks for the input. I suppose it's best to simply try a few roles and check the results. Incidentally, if anyone has any Scala sheet film in any size that they would like to sell, I would be interested in purchasing it.
    Good luck with the Scala sheet film search, hope you are lucky and find some.

    Have you thought of giving dry reversed Ilford Delta a try in sheets? Years ago I used a lot of Scala, but then switched to dr5 processed Delta 100. I found this to have much greater tonal range and image latitude (see my APUG gallery / portfolio), and much easier to use than Scala. I've since had 100's of rolls processed by dr5, all have been spotlessly clean and fabulous processing quality.
    http://www.dr5.com/blackandwhiteslide/delta100.html

  10. #60
    JMB
    JMB is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    Good luck with the Scala sheet film search, hope you are lucky and find some.

    Have you thought of giving dry reversed Ilford Delta a try in sheets? Years ago I used a lot of Scala, but then switched to dr5 processed Delta 100. I found this to have much greater tonal range and image latitude (see my APUG gallery / portfolio), and much easier to use than Scala. I've since had 100's of rolls processed by dr5, all have been spotlessly clean and fabulous processing quality.
    http://www.dr5.com/blackandwhiteslide/delta100.html


    I took a look at your photographs --grand, just grand. I like that sense of texture, strong edges, and contrast very much.

    I am confused about what you are doing. I am not looking to reverse the Scala (unless of course I should be for some reason). In other words, I want to make prints, not slides. What do you mean when you mention "dry reversed" Delta? And when you recommend "dr5 processed Delta 100" do you mean reversed Delta 100 or some other negative development process? I am assuming that your gallery consists of prints, not slide images, right? What are you printing on? I am totally upside down here, please fill me in. In any case, I already like Delta 100 quite a bit, and if I can somehow get the hit out of it that you are getting, then it seems that there is still some sort of chance that I could be happy. Thank you! --Joe

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin