Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,591   Online: 946

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear MrYoda,

PM me your address and I will send you the MULTIGRADE printing manual, it should help. The respondees are all correct, too much exposure, 60 secs in dev minimum 90 secs maximum.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN techhnology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At which f/stop do you have your enlarger lens set? If it is set to a rather open aperture, then closing it down some will get you away from overexposing the paper and consequently developing for too short a time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Terry, the F/Stop was set at F5.6 and then i upped it to F8 with no difference
    What i dont get is why i don't seem to have any probs with the HP5+ ?
    When your dead, None of this Matters.
    Film- Nikon F65, Sigma 28-80mm Macro Lens, Canon EOS 50E with Canon 28 - 80mm Lens
    Yashica-A (my new fav)

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    fixed too short,or turned white lights on too earlythen displayed in full sun?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is the finished pic using HP5+ Negative

img024
    Film- Nikon F65, Sigma 28-80mm Macro Lens, Canon EOS 50E with Canon 28 - 80mm Lens
    Yashica-A (my new fav)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can you take a crappy digital photo of the two negs side-by-side and post it so we can see what they look like?

Shooter
    35mm
    Scanned in.
    The Ilford here looks terrible to me, it doesn't look like this
    in front of me.
    But it works fine when you print ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img029.jpg  
    Yashica-A (my new fav)

Shooter
    35mm
    By jove i think i got it lol
    Here are a couple shots made with my Kentmere Film ISO 100
    The same Negative as i was complaining about above.
    Thanks for all the advice and making a test shot before hand is always the way to go.
    I finaly landed on a combination of a 2 sec enlarger exposure at f11 and i spose
    i could have done a 4-5 sec exposure at f16
    Both images were in the developer for a full 60 secs.

img031

img030
    Yashica-A (my new fav)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    that middle row of negs could possibly be un/under fixed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    that middle row of negs could possibly be un/under fixed.
    More probably than possibly, IMHO. Get that roll into some fresh fixer as soon as you can for a couple of minutes then re-wash it. Or it could be slightly fogged but I think that a little less likely.

Your K100 negs look over-developed though that could be an artefact of the scan. There shouldn't really be such a dramatic difference in density between the bright & dark parts. As you can see, they print OK, but it can be difficult to retain both shadow and highlight detail. Try developing the film for about 10% less time next time and be very careful with your temperature control.

The HP5 shots in the first row are all quite overexposed except for the first one but they'll print OK. It explains why you were initially able to get a print from these but not from the K100 negs; the HP5 ones are so much denser and let less light through in the enlarger.

2s at f/11 is very fast; I would definitely suggest putting an ND filter of at least 3 stops in your filter drawer and considering using f/16 on the enlarger lens. Otherwise, you will have almost no control over the image density and certainly no ability to do dodging and burning. You want exposures around the 10-30s mark in order to get enough exposure control and have time to dodge/burn. f/16 will soften the appearance of the grain slightly but you won't suffer a problematic loss of resolution.
    Last edited by polyglot; 06-20-2012 at 12:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin