Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,862   Posts: 1,583,174   Online: 725

Shooter
    35mm

Have managed to secure a superb deal on paper, also need views on kentmere kentona

Hello In preperation for getting my darkroom back at the end of the month I have bought off a friend several boxes of ilford and kentmere 5x7 and 8x10 in paper totalling about 500 sheets for £20 as he seemed eager to get rid of them and gave me a low price... all only a few months old and sealed! ... one box of the kentmere is grade 3 and not VC as I love working with grade 3 paper...

I also bought some more paper on ebay, a box of 50 12x16 inches of kentmere kentona, a box of ilford paper of the same size, and an opened used 8x10 box, all secured for £15, they have been cold-stored... I have read many good things on kentmere kentona and know it has been discontinued, can anyone on here enlighten me on this paper? I know it is a mixture of silver chloride and silver bromide in the emulsion and that its good for varied tones, (hence I think they will have a use for me)

I have seen the paper used before, and quite frankly the results were amazing, such varied tones it has the best of both worlds with cold and warm tones...
    I Understand this paper is out of production and out of date but it is the risk I have run for a small price... Also the fact it has been cold-stored...

Anyone willing to share their views on this paper?

Jacob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will share view on this deal: you are lucky! I am jealous

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin