Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,503   Online: 1219

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Benskin View Post
    Here's a graph of it from Photographic Materials and Processes.
    I was under the impression that leaf shutters accommodated this by "not" being as fast as their highest speeds say they are.

For example the 200th of a second speed setting might in actuality be 160th of a second real time to allow the sum of the bell-curve opening and closing over the full aperture... to be effectively 200th of a second.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    I was under the impression that leaf shutters accommodated this by "not" being as fast as their highest speeds say they are.

For example the 200th of a second speed setting might in actuality be 160th of a second real time to allow the sum of the bell-curve opening and closing over the full aperture... to be effectively 200th of a second.
    That would be wonderful except it takes longer to expose the aperture if it is set at 5.6 than at 22. There's no way to fully compensate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i find it esier to printwhen y negatives are a bit on the soft side (n-1)and i compensate with a grade-3 paper as 'normal'
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    i find it esier to printwhen y negatives are a bit on the soft side (n-1)and i compensate with a grade-3 paper as 'normal'
    I'm about to find out, just started developing a "box" of N+2 negatives and I'm only developing them to N+1... So they are destined for Grade 3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quick update. My densitometer is on its way, and Stouffers arrived today. I have also ordered a lab calibrated thermometer, as I really would love to know what is 20˚C, precisely. I realise that it does not matter that much, as long as I settled on some repeatably fixed temperature X within a shooting range of 20/68, but this gives me a chance to get one other variable a bit more fixed. So my testing is now delayed until week of 9th July. Will catch up on printing in the meantime.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Several years ago I invested in a calibrated certified thermometer and I consider it a useful investment. I've been known to break or lose a thermometer here and there so I don't actually use the expensive calibrated one. I just use it to calibrate inexpensive thermometers and then use those.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's my plan precisely, to use it only for calibrating day-to-day thermometers. Thanks for chiming in, I don't feel too alone in this obsession, anymore.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    can anybody tell me how such a slide duplicator works with a Hassi 501cm and an 80mm ?!
    Its not possible or? I need a closeup lens

best

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin