Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,764   Online: 862

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For working prints Promaster VC, not sure who makes it, Forte although some contend it is Mitsahbishi in Dektol 1:2

For final prints Salvish grade 2 and 3 glossy 8X10 or 11X14, while my supplies last, in Dektol or Ethol LPD. I am under the impression that Freestyle will no longer import Slavish so I will to chose another graded fiber based paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a few papers (mostly Ilford MG IV and Lodima Fine Art), but my developer of choice is Formulary BW-65. I use Kentmere Select RC for contact sheets, but all prints are on fiber-based paper.
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford Multigrade RC and Kodak Polycontrast III RC in Kodak Polymax T.

I'd like to try Liquidol.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    anything i canfind usually in ansco 130
    lately it is 15 year old kodak rc paper
    i expose with a flood light ( 300watt )
    but its also been old rebranded ilford multigrade ( both fibre + b/w )
    old agfa graded, forte graded ( golden packages ) azo and had coated glass + paper ....
    but i only use ansco 130 ... ( and on occasion caffenol / sumatronal 130 )
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Usually Ilford Multigrade RC.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Presently Adox MC 110 with LPD 1:3.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I haven't printed much in the last year but plan to get back into a regular routine soon which will involve a lot of Fomatone MG Classic Nature II 532 and Rollei Lith developer
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fotospeed RCVC Oyster
    Foma 532 II Nature
    Fomabrom Variant 4 123

Ilford PQ Universal Developer
    Ilford Warmtone Developer

Plus any odd bits I can pick up cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Print paper, 1:a choice:
    Ilford MGFB Warmtone, (IMO excellent paper – never liked MGIV), and Fomatone MG 131 (IMO nice tonality and somewhat stronger shadow contrast compared to MGFB WT which though have more beautiful highlights, and 131 is also very responsive to toning and Lith developing.)
    Also:
    Fomatone Variant 123, both graded and MG (IMO very good papers, somewhat thinner and cheaper papers.)
    Kentmere VC Fine print (IMO also very good paper, good price; not as responsive to toning as Foma papers, in my experience.)
    Adox MCC 110 (have a box but have just used a few papers, but seems to be a very beautiful and useful paper - perhaps a coming favourite?)

Never really found an interesting use for other than glossy papers.
    Contacts for inspection, I use all kinds of cheap RC paper.

Paper developers:
    The last years I have only used a version of Beers developer for different contrasts, normally Beer #5, using soft Ansco 130 for Beer A and ordinary strong Beer B.
    With negatives of various contrasts and subjects, nice to control print contrast and print tone with the developer, and also print contrast with various filtration for MG papers - extending the MG papers contrast range with various combination av Beer developer.
    Also some time used an Amidol developer (version of Westons folrmula) with good results, but nothing extraordinary in camparison to the "Amidol-cult".
    For Lith, have only used LD20

Good luck with your choice of print material; try, inspect an judge according to your preferences!
    /Bertil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Osgood View Post
    Presently Adox MC 110 with LPD 1:3.
    Ditto, but I play with Arista.edu Ultra for contact sheets, stuff to share with family and friends, and lith.
    K.S. Klain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin