Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,209   Posts: 1,531,967   Online: 1168

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Adox Fine Print Vario Classic developed in Dokumol 1 + 6 for 3 minutes is what I use for everything.

I can thoroughly recommend it if you like your prints to be neutral to cool.

Best,

David
    www.dsallen.de

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Standard black & white printing:
    Ilford MGWT fiber semimatte for portraits.
    Ilford MGIV fiber matte for everything else.
    Replenished Ethol LPD.
    I think of toners as developers too; I use Moersch MT-3, Carbon, and Blue toners, and Harman Selenium toner.

Lith black & white printing:
    Arista Lith developer
    Agfa Portriga Rapid
    Agfa Brovira
    A mess of old Kodak paper
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ilford MGIV and Warmtone in LPD 1:3 or 1:4. Everything gets toned, atleast in selenium.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Multigrade IV Fiber + Dektol. The Ilford developers give too warm a tone to the paper. While selenium cools it down, I like the cold, almost purple tone of the paper in Dektol with selenium.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a wide variety of papers, I am gradually thinning out to Foma Chamois and Varient, Fotospeed Oyster, Ilford RC Warmtone (also, Tetenal Baryt and Bergger Prestige when I can). Probably @90% in Tetenal Eukobrom, as I prefer a neutral to cool result (and it seems to set the paper up for toning nicely), and @ 10% in Rollei Print WA (warmtone developer) that is available in convenient 300ml sealable pouches.
    I've never dedicated myself to just one or two papers as I enjoy the variety of interpretation that different papers bring. I've settled on Eukobrom for the past few years as a measure of some consistency and it seems to do a good job on anything I put into it - no off putting tones (in my eyes) that I have had with Multigrade developer, for example. I will also mention that I find Eukobrom to be good at dealing with longer developing times if I have slightly misjudged exposure time or contrast: for me I would consider 2 minutes as normal, whereas I have gone to 3 to 3.5 minutes comfortably to pull out a little more in the highlights without muddying the print.

Regards, Mark Walker.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fomatone & some Fomaspeed in LPD.
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ilford RC MGIV pearl or matte with Dektol 1:3

I tried out Arista Premium RC Multigrad (Pearl) with Dektol as well. This paper does the work, although it curls a little. I will stick to it, though, because it's much more affordable than Ilford.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chimneyfinder View Post
    I use a wide variety of papers, I am gradually thinning out to Foma Chamois and Varient, Fotospeed Oyster, Ilford RC Warmtone (also, Tetenal Baryt and Bergger Prestige when I can). Probably @90% in Tetenal Eukobrom, as I prefer a neutral to cool result (and it seems to set the paper up for toning nicely), and @ 10% in Rollei Print WA (warmtone developer) that is available in convenient 300ml sealable pouches.
    I've never dedicated myself to just one or two papers as I enjoy the variety of interpretation that different papers bring. I've settled on Eukobrom for the past few years as a measure of some consistency and it seems to do a good job on anything I put into it - no off putting tones (in my eyes) that I have had with Multigrade developer, for example. I will also mention that I find Eukobrom to be good at dealing with longer developing times if I have slightly misjudged exposure time or contrast: for me I would consider 2 minutes as normal, whereas I have gone to 3 to 3.5 minutes comfortably to pull out a little more in the highlights without muddying the print.

Regards, Mark Walker.
    Is Tetenal Eukobrom available in the US at all?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brian, I don't see any reference to a U.S. supplier on Tetenals website from my side of the Atlantic, seems to be Europe and India, but maybe someone over your way knows otherwise. Shame if you can't access it as they make excellent chemicals and the Oyster RCVC paper, I believe, is a superb, crisp semi-matt paper that can tone brilliantly.

Regards, Mark Walker

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    Is Tetenal Eukobrom available in the US at all?
    Check with Freestyle; they started carrying the Tetenal color film/paper processing kits. I see nothing on their web site, but just give them a call.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin