Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,946   Online: 1011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    127 Format
    I love the 100 and 400 in 35mm and 120. Haven't tried the asa 200 yet.

I found that it doesn't like Ilfosol at all and HC-110, D-76, Clayton F76+ all work very nicely.

My experience is it can over develop easily and gets grainy fast with aggressive agitation. I like to agitate one or two smooth, soft inversions per minute.

I'm just a beginner with home development and haven't printed with the enlarger yet.

Oh... I don't get any curling problems. Coastal Southern California, drying in a steamy shower.

It can attract a lot of dust and is easy to scratch before it's really dry.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Humm, I run it in my Jobo and it doesn't seem to mind. I use a 5 minute water pre-soak followed by D76 1+1 for about 10% less time than called for - well I also run it at 75F like all my film, because that works better in the CPE2 without a cold water inlet (or, in my current darkroom, any cold water to hook to it even if I had it!) and adjust the time per the Ilford chart for time adjustments with temperature changes. It gives a slightly "punchy" negative but I like that. A bit grainy but again I'm only shooting it in 120 and 4x5 so I'm not too concerned. Don't see the grain in 4x5 even so and not bad in 6x6.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Bad?? Grain is why I shoot film!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's fine but if I want more grain I'll be sure to shoot 35mm, not my medium format or 4x5 cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds like an interesting film to try out. I think I will get a brick and see what its like.
    Is the emulsion on this film "hardened", or will I need some hardening fixer?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With the Fomapan films you do not need a Hardening fixer, but I find it doesn't like an acid stop bath, I use 3 changes of water as a stop, invert the tank 15 times each change, with the 120 that clears the green anti halation layer.
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    So far all I have used as a stop bath is tap water. I have a Patterson tank with the special hose they sell as an accessory. I find that 5 minutes seems to do a nice job. I might be over doing it, I don't know,I'm still new to this. I've been at it 3 years, but in that time I've gone through 3 of the smaller Arista 12(?)oz bottles of developer. The films I have used so far are HP5+, Legacy Pro,and Arista Premium 100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    5 minute wash as a stop is overdoing it, try the inversion method, works fine,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin