Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,664   Online: 1215

Shooter
    35mm

Contaminated Replenished Developer

Instead of developer I accidentally added 150ml of hypo to my 2000ml bottle of replenished developer. Is it toast?

I know that I can shoot a test roll, develop, and look at the results but maybe someone that knows the answer can save me some time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Toss it and start again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely toast, start again and be more careful. I've used replenished developers for over 40 years,l I started while at scholl, and with a little care it's a great way to work.

Welcome to APUG BTW.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    "It's dead Jim"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "monobath"!

Sadly, I would say you should toss it.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin