Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,854   Online: 1036

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MultiTone paper at B&H

Anyone know of the origin of the MultiTone paper that B&H is selling? I can't seem to turn up anything....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._White_RC.html

Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have no idea where it comes from, but this caught my eye:

"The paper's pearl finish gives it an appealing matte look with subtle highlights and subdued shadows, for a beautiful photo, free from the perils of hyper contrast."

The perils of hyper contrast??? Hahahaha, who makes this stuff up?
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hyper copywriters

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder if it was supposed to be Multi-GRADE rather than TONE? Sounds like a case of mis-translation if it came from a foreign country....
    Last edited by tkamiya; 06-24-2012 at 06:52 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: very strange typo
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I like how one of he features is "low fog." Not "no fog," but "low fog," as if some fog is still desirable.

Shooter
    35mm
    I personally like their storage recommendations: "The paper should be kept intact in the original package in a dry, cool,
    ammonia-free, hydro sulfuric gas-free and radiation-free place."

Is it just me, or does that scream China?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by inlarry View Post
    I personally like their storage recommendations: "The paper should be kept intact in the original package in a dry, cool,
    ammonia-free, hydro sulfuric gas-free and radiation-free place."

Is it just me, or does that scream China?
    That sounds like good advice, as all of those will fog films and papers. And yes, some of the phrases in the product description are a bit awkwardly translated into English, and look similar to some film descriptions I've seen on ebay from sellers in China. I recently bought some RC VC paper at a similar price from Ultrafine Online, and note no country of origin or expiration date anywhere on the package. I think there's a fair chance I could have some of the same stuff, except mine is glossy. I plan to test it soon.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a 100 sheet box of the 8x10 glossy and thought that it worked quite well for my purposes. I cut it down to 4x5 and reprinted some old B&W negatives when my children were young. They are all in their early thirties or late twenties and two have children of their own. I don't think that I would use it for any serious work but for work prints it is fine. It gave good blacks and the contrast was consistent to my color head. I would suspect that it is Chinese, but that doesn't really matter because it works well and is priced right.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin