Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,561   Online: 1046

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    oh, by the way, there has been a discussion going on about seleinum and sistan over on the "new Pure-silver- board if anyone wants to sign up and check out discussion. Some very "heavy Hitters" chimming in.,

Ann, could you PM me the location of this board...
    Mike C

Rambles

As I've stated here a lot of times, if you use Ilford FB Warmtone in Zonal Pro Warmtone Developer and then selenium tone afterwards you will get a warm brown tone instead of the usual eggplant purple/brown color.

This might suit people more than what they are getting now with selenium.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively
    I especially like Forte in Nelson Gold but it's
    a long process of 10-20 minutes in a hot solution.
    I've read that Nelson's will work at room temperature; 60 minutes
    and I'd suppose a now and then agitation. The reason it will tone
    at such a low temperature I think is because the little gold
    included acts as a catalyst.

Nelson's Gold Toner is the least costly of all toners save perhaps
    for the hypo-alum toners. Also it provides sulfide protection.

Photographer's Formulary has all the ingredients. Dan

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Have to second Michaels thoughts about the Zonal pro developer. The developer type and in fact the type of fixer will influence the toning process.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will give Michaels thoughts a Third agreement..also, as strange as it may sound, Rodinal 1:20 with a Ilford WT will also tone very well with Viradon. Prints look more like they were developed in Edwal Plt developer which gives a nice warm tone also. Some where, here or some where else, is formula for the old Viradon, which is a blend of Viradon and KRST much like the Kodak polytoner I think. Combo of Viradon, KRST and Agfa MC111 will also yield a nice tone.
    Mike C

Rambles

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have the formula ; or rather several , that are suppose to be similar to the old polytoner if people like i will post them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ilford MGFB wt developing in neutol 1:10 at 20 deg , KRST at 1:10 20 deg to about 1/2 way up the tonal range, then bleaching back to about the midtones, redeveloping in bromophen 1:14 at 20 deg and finally KRST to completion gives a very rich chocolatey-neutral colour to the lighter mids - highlights and a velvety plummy black to the sadows, which is much to my taste.

I've also tried same paper using the neutol at first same dilution, bleaching back to shadows, then redeveloping in the neutol which gives a suprisingly cold-blue tint, then selenium 1:5 to completion gives an only slightly brown hint to the tones, and again is very pleasant.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have the formula ; or rather several , that are suppose to be similar to the old polytoner if people like i will post them.
    I for one would like that info. I am a published fan of Polytoner, and am using up my last bottle 1/50th at a time. Unless someone finds an abandoned store room full and floods e-Bay, I'll have to mix my own.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What would you guys recommend as a good starting toner for someone who hasn't started doing it yet, but wants to...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yes please. Maybe in the "Chemistry Recipes" section?
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin