Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,658   Online: 973

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    It is probably something between mono and decahydrate.
    The last time I remember seeing the decahydrate was in the 1940's. It consisted of large (3/4 to 1 inch) lumps which looked like ice. Soon after the box was opened the lumps began to take on a white powery coating of the monohydrate. Left exposed to the air the lumps eventually dried out to a white powder.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    The last time I remember seeing the decahydrate was in the 1940's. It consisted of large (3/4 to 1 inch) lumps which looked like ice. Soon after the box was opened the lumps began to take on a white powery coating of the monohydrate. Left exposed to the air the lumps eventually dried out to a white powder.
    You describe perfectly the product I buy here! It really looks like a mixture of mostly ice and a bit of powdery snow. As I showed in the thread I referred to, it is almost pure decahydrate.

The ratio between "ice" and "snow" seems to vary between batches.

Of course it does not make real sense to ship water, but it makes a LOT of "business sense" to sell water. Think about liquid detergent business... Or, think about liquid photochemistry business!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin