Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,154   Online: 1245

Shooter
    Multi Format

8mm Bolex Users Urgent! Kodak Tri-X Reg8 Movie -- Chance for one more batch...

Those of you that shoot Kodak Regular 8 Movie film probably know John Schwind at International Film. He has been supplying me with film for about 10 years. Earlier this year he informed me the Cine-X (plus-x) is no longer available from Kodak and earlier this week I found out the Super Cine-x (tri-x) is gone also.

Here is the e-mail I got from John:

If I can get enough 20 individuals interested in buying 11 400ft spools
    about $1000. Kodak will make a last order [of Reg-8 Tri-x, Super Cine-x, #8751235]. The deal is that I must
    submit an order for 249 400ft spools for a total of $21.5K.--
    john andrew schwind
    jaschwind@operamail.com
    I am going in on this. Any one that shoots Regular8 reversal B&W should contact John. Also, you can try to complain to Kodak (1 800 621 3456) though when I called that number I just got a sales person that tried to sell me Super-8. I had to keep telling her that Super-8 won't work in my camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will contact him and order some as well. I know it's not nearly the same, but have you tried the Fomapan R? I stock it at my shop but I haven't gotten around to using any yet. I guess I might have to now...
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    I will contact him and order some as well. I know it's not nearly the same, but have you tried the Fomapan R? I stock it at my shop but I haven't gotten around to using any yet. I guess I might have to now...
    Looks like that will be the only choice soon. The last two rolls of Foma Regular 8 I had processed came out yellow and patchy a few years ago, so I only used the Cine-x since then. The rolls were processed along with Cine-x that came out fine by Prep Film. So, I figured it was bad film. Have not tried it since.

I see the 100foot (30.5m) rolls (for the Bolex H8) on the fomafoto.com web site. I will be trying this film again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been on this as well calling Kodak and they don't have much to say. Luckily, Kodak does still show the E100D in their catalog with 8mm perforations.....If you call in, be sure to let them know that what you need is the 7266 stock with 8mm perforations, the catalog number is CAT 8751935. Kodak is being stupid. They don't have to create a whole new coating, they would just have to make a different perforation. They should keep it up, even if 20 rolls have to be ordered at a time like with the E100D.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am sort of surprised that only three of us have responded to this. Maybe there really were not that many users at all
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kind of on a related note. I did get a 100 foot roll of NEGATIVE Double-X 16mm Single-Perf film for my little 16mm still cameras (Minolta 16 etc). It was $22.51.
    I'm just finishing up a 100 foot rool of HP5 negative 16mm single perf that I got in 2001. A little goes a long way in those tiny cameras. I'm planning on getting a Minox splitter for the 16mm so I can go through the film faster. My ten-year old HP5 is pretty fogged.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin