Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,469   Online: 1095

Shooter
    Medium Format

Aerial duplication film. Worth the trouble?

Is aerial duplication film worth the effort? The stuff I am looking at is 9.5 wide in 200 ft spools for an insane price. Storage locker stored and exp '95. Isn't duplication film like Ido 6? And it is blue sensitive, does that mean I can work with it in a red light?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh it is 2.5 mil. So I am thinking best use is for pinhole work or to build a cartridge for it. I shoot 4x5 but have no regular 8x10 camera

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Is it the direct duplicating film or the 2 step stuff. I use the Kodak direct duplicating aerial film and it works well if I keep the process under control. However I have found that it has to be kept frozen or it goes bad pretty quickly. With direct duplicating film going bad means it loses the ability to get a real good d-max.

Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. This is definately not frozen stock, and sinc i am not set up for anything larger than 4x5, i think i will pass. Btw, this guy had the stuff $15 per roll.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    gosh at that price I might be interested...!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use this stuff a lot in my 8x10 and love it. It is very thin, scratches easily, and always dries with water spots on the base side (emulsion is ok) which I clean off later. I would certainly buy some at that price. You can use it under a red safe light and it will come up in about 2 minutes in Dektol--it is designed to be developed in print chemicals. You control contrast by developer dilution. It is not direct duplicating film; duplicating is a 2-step process. I shoot it at about ISO 10

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who is this? I want to buy some at that price.
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If its not good for in camera use, as a lith film in the darkroom it would be great. If you can handle under safelight you can basically substitute it wherever lithofilm would be used. I would also like to get some if you pass along the info. Please pm me!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Please tell! I would love to get a roll for masking purposes.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin