Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,415   Online: 997

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Cutting Down Film (aka 9x12 redux)

J&C has 18x24cm film for really reasonable prices and I was thinking (which is always dangerous)...

How would I go about cutting that film in half in the dark to use in my ICA Ideal 9x12?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I very much recommend that you buy 9x12cm film since that is available. AFAIK the 9x12cm film is slightly smaller than 1/4th of a 18x24cm - the "conversion" from glass plates to film makes the real sizes different. I'll try comparing 4 9x12 with a sheet of 18x24 when I get home (I use both sizes).

My first shots with the 18x24cm camera were on cut-down 24x30cm film. I wouldn't recommend cutting down film unless there is absolutely no other option, and certainly not to save money. You have to factor in the cost of mis-cuts!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin