Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,047   Online: 936

Shooter
    Medium Format

Those using a Nova Slot processor. Development problems.

Hi All,

I love my Nova slot processor especially when with Ansco 130 loaded, it lasts months and months. However I been noticing a lot of development streaks on my prints. Not all but enough for it to be a problem. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it possibly that I do not agitate it enough during development (meaning I let it just sit in there and move it around ever 15 seconds or so). I first thought there might be some contamination on my clips, so I scrub those well before each session.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most likely a lack of agitation, you need to keep it moving gently, just as you would rock a tray. When cleaning the clips, open them to ensure the tips of the pins are cleaned otherwise contamination is a possibility. I used to get problems with Cibachrome/Ilfochrome processing until I learned that trick. A rinse with the clip open should be sufficient though, no need to scrub them.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agitation. I found that prints which looked fine before toning showed after toning (sepia bleach + redevelopment) the pattern of the slot wall texture.

I jiggle the paper via the clip(s) rapidly at the beginning of development. I don't like agitating in such a way that the print is lifted out of the developer because it can aggravate a tendency to staining.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will try that, thanks guys.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin