Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,560   Online: 914

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zenrhino
    I know I'm walking into the lion's den on this one, but let me ask anyway: What is it about Rodinal you like?
    The tones, the grain and the sharpness. It has a crispy grain structure and tones and the negs are glowing. The negs are easily printable and the glow is transferred to the print. The highlights are SO nice.

Morten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zenrhino
    I know I'm walking into the lion's den on this one, but let me ask anyway: What is it about Rodinal you like?
    ZR It's one of those looks you either love or hate. I can't really add more than Morten has already said, but I love Rodinal for slow films (Pan F & FP4+) and have recently been trying it with HP5+, Delta 400 and even Tmax P3200. I intend to use it one Delta 3200 as well when I can get some locally.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think right now I would have to say MYTOL (XTOL) and Pyrocat are my two developers of choice - I can make others but for large formats the Pyrocat has a lot of sharpness and highlight clamping with great tonality - for 4x5 and 8x10 my preference is TRI-X at asa200 in Pyrocat. For roll film FP4, and TRI-X in MYTOL - very fine grain and good accutance - Sodium Ascorbate is a wonderful developer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin