Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,933   Posts: 1,557,006   Online: 1173

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Newbie Question - Slow Film + Developer Preferences

Right now I'm using Pan F+ and Ilfosol (I got the film cheap and Ifosol was all my photo place had for liquid developers in under a gallon) but I'm about to run out of the film.

So, what do y'all like in slow film (and why), and which developer do you like best with it?

Thanks!

-ZR

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Pan F, EFKE 25 and EFKE 50. I would have used Ilfosol-S too, if it had been readily available locally - but when it was, I was the only one who used it.

Now I use Pyrocat-HD, Beutler, Neofin, FX-2, Windisch', D-23, or just about anything else that strikes my fancy. Sometimes I can even come up with a good reason for choosing a specific developer!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My slow choice is Pan F+, too, gently bathed to perfection in DD-X. I haven't tried the Efke films, although I used to shoot Adox KB14 back in the '60s. Wonderful stuff.

Here's what KB14 looks like pushed a little bit (to ASA 1600), developed in the two-bath something-or-other-fin (don't recall which):

http://www.rbarkerphoto.com/fashion/...irl68-400s.jpg
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Efke PL25 in XTOL

Will try shooting it at iso12 in a Phenidone concoction soon to see if it does better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For small formats, PanF+ in highly dilute developers for controling contrast. It looks nice in Rodinal 1+50 or 1+200, and in W2D2+ standard development.

For larger formats 4x5 etc, I like the Efke25 in W2D2+. A friend just developed some in Pyrocat-HD and the negs look nice, he hasn't printed them yet.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Efke 25 in PMK. 7 minutes at 70f at asa 12.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Pan F+ and Delta 100. I use Rodinal 1+50 for 99% of my slower films (under 100 ISO). I don't know Ilfosol S enough to say anything about it with these films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    Pan F+ and Delta 100. I use Rodinal 1+50 for 99% of my slower films (under 100 ISO). I don't know Ilfosol S enough to say anything about it with these films.
    I know I'm walking into the lion's den on this one, but let me ask anyway: What is it about Rodinal you like?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I generally use Kodak's TMX (120 format) rated an 200asa processed in Photographer's Formulary TFX-2 (500ml per roll) @ 68 for 8' in a JOBO ATL200, water for a stop bath and Photographer's Formulary TF4 Fixer...
    Regards,

Wally

Member:
    National Sarcasm Society
    (like we need your support)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Delta 100 in Rodinal 1:25.

Why Rodinal? Tonality and biting acutance. 'Course it doesn't hurt that it's cheap and lasts forever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin