Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,779   Online: 897

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ? ? ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Triton X-100.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	53034

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, just like the old C22 and E4 stabilizer baths for color films (and papers). Except for the mercury!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I might add that you say Photo Flo, but there are 3 varieties (or perhaps 2 depending on what EK has cancelled since I last checked). Photo Flo 600 is very toxic and can kill you very painfully, but Photo Flo 200 is non-toxic. So, if you insist on using it, you better know your products!

This question has me on the horns of a dilemma as to whether to consider it very intelligent or the stupidest question I have read here!

Of course, one might say that there are no stupid questions, and my answer would be "I agree", but I would follow up by saying that there are quite a few inquisitive idiots!

PE
    So Photo Flo 200 can be ingested to clean out ones intestines, got it! Heck, it may even cure GAS, permanently!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I said no such thing. Photo Flo 200 can certainly make you ill and it may even kill you, but it is not an overt poison like Photo Flo 600 which will kill you. And I am told that the death is slow and agonizing as it turns off your kidneys.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How come 3X concentration makes a possible poison a definite fatal poison? I read there are difference in preservatives but I would think if it's a fatal one at 3x, then 1x would be just as dangerous....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I said no such thing. Photo Flo 200 can certainly make you ill and it may even kill you, but it is not an overt poison like Photo Flo 600 which will kill you. And I am told that the death is slow and agonizing as it turns off your kidneys.

PE
    I was just trying to expand the list of stupid things to do:
    • Using floor cleaning Borax for film processing
    • Dishwashing soap to replace Photo Flo
    • Photo Flo to wash dishes
    • Photo Flo to replace EX-LAX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    How come 3X concentration makes a possible poison a definite fatal poison? I read there are difference in preservatives but I would think if it's a fatal one at 3x, then 1x would be just as dangerous....
    It's not the same chemical. Photo-flo 200 uses propylene glycol as one of the components. Propylene glycol is commonly used in small quantities as a food additive, as well as an emulsifier in some liqueurs. Photo-flo 600 replaces the propylene glycol with ethylene glycol. Ethylene glycol is commonly used as antifreeze, and is incredibly toxic. A tablespoon requires hospitalization, and as little as 2 tablespoons can be deadly.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have said that about the Photo Flo family and EG vs PG so many times, I'm tired of typing it in. Thanks Nick. It does tell everyone here that it is useful to read (and compare) labels and the MSDS of the various things we use.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, I see. I missed that part.

Not being a chemist, things like that doesn't pop out at me. I just try not to drink any of these yummy looking chemicals in my darkroom.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have said that about the Photo Flo family and EG vs PG so many times, I'm tired of typing it in. Thanks Nick. It does tell everyone here that it is useful to read (and compare) labels and the MSDS of the various things we use.

PE
    May I suggest that you collect all your standard responses to the regular Photo Flo, making Kodachrome in gramma's cesspool, et al ... into a Micro$oft Word document. Then you can copy and paste the appropriate responses. This would you avoid having carpel tunnel symptoms with the now legal Obamacare.

It would not protect you from the two-letter-magenta-troll attacks because those are so nonlinear. I am just so bad!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin