Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,091   Online: 1009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never used Rodinal, but when in my teens my father (a chemical engineer who'd souped his own film in the 30s) and I mixed our own Beutler. He was able to buy the chemicals easily, he really knew what he was doing, and we had a proper scale, which I now have. We were very pleased with the results, usually shooting with Plus-X of beloved memory. I should revisit Beutler, either mixing my own for old times' sake, or using Neofin-Blue. We generally developed to rather thin negatives, and often used contrast grade 3 as a standard paper. YMMV, of course. Even with a really crappy enlarger and a so-so Wollensak lens we got some really nice enlargements, on Luminos, Kodabromide, Spiratone, in other words, whatever paper was within a high schooler's budget. Now that I have a Beseler 23C, a Schneider Componon S f2.8 50mm I should revisit some of those old negatives of 50 or so years ago.

Would that my father were still alive to enjoy film and the bargains now available....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I prefer the look of the Beutler in these examples. Am I correct in concluding that it also produces more film speed (shadow detail)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin