Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,730   Online: 905

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Mixing illford paper developer.....

I bought the ilford paper developer. It comes in a part A, part B. The ilford data sheet says 1pt powder to 3 parts water but doesn't specify between part A and part B. It's the ilford Bromophen 5 litres powder. Part A is a small packet and part B is a large packet. Has anyone else used this??? I'm not sure exactly how to mix this. Do I have to mix the entire thing at once and store it in a big container?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ilford web site has wonderful directions and more information. Page two gives good directions.
    http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...7123181979.pdf

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Follow the instructions on the box - It should say something along the lines of
    Mix part A in 750ml of warm water and then add part B. Top up with cold water to 1,000ml.
    This will be your stock solution which is then diluted 1 part (stock solution) to 3 parts water.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Got it...thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To clarify, you don't mix parts of the powders. You mix all of A and all of B with the recommended amount of water, then top up to the final amount.

Powdered chemicals won't necessarily divide evenly if you try to mix partial batches - if you want smaller batches than your package provides, it's best to buy smaller packages.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, that makes sense. Since I didn't have a big enough container to make up the solution (I ordered two 1 gallon containers) I decided to make up the C41 kit which I got today and did a roll of color film. The blix I believe mixes in a similar fashion from what I can tell.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin