Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,194   Online: 1160

Shooter
    Multi Format

The Wonderful Aroma of Paper!

Some of you love the smell of fresh fixer in the morning. Me, I love the smell of... fresh fiber-based paper!

I have a rotary trimmer, so instead of buying a box of each of the sizes I use, I buy 50-sheet boxes of 11x14. Twenty sheets I leave in the box. The other thirty sheets get cut up into 7x10's and 5x7's, with a bunch of 1x7 strips left over, for tests.

There's nothing better than spending an hour in the morning with a fresh cup of tea, and a fresh box of MGIV.

I LOVE PAPER!

Don't you?
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As this is on the color forum, I have to add that:

I LOVE the smell of Kodak RA-4 developer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a soft spot for the sulfury smell of exhausted fixer. Smells like work.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    As this is on the color forum, I have to add that:

I LOVE the smell of Kodak RA-4 developer!
    Damn, posted in the wrong forum again! Rats!

Could someone, ummm... move this where it belongs, pretty please?
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seadrive View Post
    Damn, posted in the wrong forum again! Rats!

Could someone, ummm... move this where it belongs, pretty please?
    If you look to the bottom left corner of any post, there is a little "!" in the middle of a dark triangle.

Click on it - and leave your request.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love the paper smell too. Agfa Brovira was especially nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I agree. I just picked up a 100 sheet box of 8x10 and 50 sheet box of 16x20. I'm loving forward to all sorts of smells this afternoon.

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't help but instantly smell the plastic film box of any film I open up. I probably look stupid doing it in public but I can't help it, smells so nice...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    If you look to the bottom left corner of any post, there is a little "!" in the middle of a dark triangle.

Click on it - and leave your request.
    Thank you, request posted.

I only managed to cut up the first of two boxes yesterday. The second one awaits...

Another fine morning of tea and paper!

- Fred Picker

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin